A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26.1k Members
525627 tn?1234098075

WHAT IS HYPOTHYROIDISM

HELLO Everybody, Since last January I have been to Doctor for an acute case of gouty arthritis, and as my new Doctor was looking through my file he noticed I had a kidney removed in 1992 because of a "staghorn"
for those who don't know the stone was so big it grew into the whole kidney even the vessels etc hence the
name stags horn.  Next thing I knew I was being send for an ultra sound and blood tests. and told I have hypothyroidism i don't know what that is and how something in my neck could have to do with the rest of my body, could anyone give me any info.  I have arthritis and it is very painful in hips feet knees and my fingers are now lumpy and very sore.  I am also very tired all the time and, I am overweight but I have problems with flat feet and if I walk very far my insteps swell and become very painful.
Can anybody tell me how much of the above can be put down to hypothroidism.
1 Responses
161647 tn?1280608163
Colette, you can start by reading this forum's health pages. The link is found above and to the right. You can choose from a number of informative articles which will help you understand hypothyroidism.
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child