Thyroid/Firbormyalgia Community
80 Members

Thyroid Nodule

2 years ago my doctor had a scan of my thyroid done and there were nodules. I thought they would have to remove these but she acks like it is no big deal. Anyone know if this can be/or cause cancer? Thank You
nodules are common and if small and causing no problems and no reason to suspect cancer then your doctor is correct.

Most nodules are benign and even the most common form of thyroid cancer is papillary cancer and often people live with it for 30 years and it never spreads or grows so as to cause a problem.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.