A
A
A
Close
Thyroid/Firbormyalgia Community
80 Members
10050591 tn?1407462214

problems with synthroid

I have been taking thyroid medicine for the past 9 years. The doctor started me on levothyroxin and had to keep changing the dosage. To me, it just wasn't working. I still felt tired all the time and could not lose weight no matter what I did. Finally last year the doctor put me on Synthroid, not the generic, but it's still not doing anything even though my doctor tells me my levels are okay. I just read about Amour thyroid and am going to see my doctor tomorrow to ask him about it. The nurse said my doctor doesn't prescribe it and probably won't want me to take it. If he does that, I have no idea what to do. I hate to change doctors. Any advice?
0 Responses
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.