Thyroid/Firbormyalgia Community
80 Members

problems with synthroid

I have been taking thyroid medicine for the past 9 years. The doctor started me on levothyroxin and had to keep changing the dosage. To me, it just wasn't working. I still felt tired all the time and could not lose weight no matter what I did. Finally last year the doctor put me on Synthroid, not the generic, but it's still not doing anything even though my doctor tells me my levels are okay. I just read about Amour thyroid and am going to see my doctor tomorrow to ask him about it. The nurse said my doctor doesn't prescribe it and probably won't want me to take it. If he does that, I have no idea what to do. I hate to change doctors. Any advice?
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.