Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
25k Members

Does Marijuana oil/edibles any affect on pancreas

I've been finding real comfort with the THC pills ive been making with cannabis. I make the oil using: cannibas, lecithin granules, and coconut oil that I place in pill.  It really helps with stimulating my appetite and have been able to eat more and pain is 40% or so less severe, smoking decreases pain much more (around 70%) but requires every hour or so, plus I hate smoking and the smell.

My question is, do you think thc/cannabis via pill or smoking can cause further damage on pancreas? I look on pubmed and saw an article how it decrease inflammation...but would want to know from any real life experience from anyone on this board or knows somoene with cp or pancreatitis. Btw, cannabis is organic, no pesticides.  I also do not smoke tobacco.

I read an article from doctor saying that would not be a good idea during an attack because of gi system. That makes sense. But what about daily life when there is no pain or attacks?