Avatar universal

Hit Chest Moving Lump

I lost my balance and hit my side pretty hard.  It obviously hurt and thought maybe I broke a rib as the next day the site hurt and it had about a 2 inch lump on it.  I just thought it was bruised.  Yesterday, (the next day) the lump moved to my chest and the pain moved with it.  Now the lump is on my left side along with the severe pain.  A deep breath is hard to come by.  I do not know if I need to be concerned or if this will resolve itself.  There is no outward bruise.

Any ideas?  Suggestions?  Thanks for the help!
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
4851940 tn?1515694593
It does sound that you may have internal bruising and/or a break.

It would be wise to see your GP or go to ER if you are able with a doctor's referral for a examination by a medical professional and a possible x-ray to assess any damage and if there is any.

Best wishes.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
If it is moving, it could be a clot. By all means, call your doctor or go to the ER or Urgent Care to have it diagnosed. Waiting could be a bad thing.
Helpful - 0
7659255 tn?1393116874
I suggest you visit your healthcare provider so they can ***** the damages. It could be nothing, but better safe than sorry. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
Avatar universal
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.