I feel like I could have written this about myself because it describes what I've been going the since August! I have painful breasts, CONSTANT pressure headache, painful glands, fatigue. I've spent so much time and money on tests that I am just broke and defeated. I feel like I am never going to find out what is making me so sick and I feel like I am never going to feel better. :( I did have extreme shooting pains in my bones (arms, legs, hands, feet, etc) but I read about Vitamin D deficiency and started taking a high dose of liquid vitamin d and my bone pain has completely vanished. It took about 2 weeks. I was amazed because I really didn't expect it to work. I still have the other symptoms though and the headache is killing me. I am so tired of being in pain constantly and I am anxious because I feel like I am going to die suddenly of something undiagnosed. I had a normal ct scan of my head and two rounds of normal blood counts. I have a MRI next week. I just want to get my life back and feel like I am never going to get better. Good luck to you and please update if you find out what is causing your symptoms.
I would absolutely get tested for any deficiences!
My symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency - diagnosed with a level of 13 ng/ml February 2017.
- Cracking joints, mostly toes, knees, neck, wrists
- Rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Dry mouth (That lead to my tongue going all white, and Geographic tongue and loss of taste)
- A feeling of being onboard a ship
- Dry eyes
- Blurry vision in right eye, comes and goes, giving me a hard time following fast moving images, reading with right eye closed to keep focused
- Tingling in feet, hands and face
- Tingling in tip of nose, that makes me itch it, like a mad..
- Brain Zaps, like being poked with a needle in the brain, followed by a warm/wet feeling
- A feeling of bugs crawling on my legs and head
- Ice cold hands and feet, like cold-to-the-bone kind of feeling
- Hair loss
- Chest pain, comes and goes, days apart and can last anywhere from a few minutes to 30 min.
- Painful feet, especially getting up in the morning
- Dry skin
- Itchy scalp
- Sensitivity to cold, always either to warm or too cold
- Overwhelming tiredness - yawning constantly. I feel like I don't go to sleep, I go into a coma-like state and sleep a dreamless sleep, waking up many times during the night, never feeling refreshed
- internal vibrations.
My levels were tested a couple of times during the last two years, when I suspected something was wrong. But both times right after the summer period - Where my levels had just exactly climbed out of the deficient level, because of being in the sun (that's mainly where you get your Vitamin D), so my Doctor could tell me, that my levels were absolutely fine, nothing to worry about, you just have stress or anxiety! Yeah right...I know now, to always check my levels myself!!
Even though my levels had climbed out of the deficient area, that was just blood levels. My tissues never had time to replenish themselves, as my level quickly feel again after the summer.
I've also had numerous other tests, CT scan of the heart, wearing a heart monitor for several days, 3 times in the ER where I went through full blood screening, and countless appoíntments with my Doctor.
COME ON DOCTORS, stop wasting all that money on expensive tests, when you can just start with by testing the most basic things that makes our body function first!!! Sorry - just have to get that out of my system from time to time...
Wish just the best of luck, and please get tested, you could be doing unnecessary damage to yourself.
I've had news!, my bloods tested strongly positive for glandular fever and mumps but thankfully no cancer. The lab are now testing every single virus and hopefully I'll know more at the beginning of next week. Thank God for a diagnosis!, hope you also get better very soon. Feeling very ill at the moment, but trying not to let my health anxiety take over