Mysterious bug under my skin, crawling on my scalp

This is my first post, I've been reading this forum for about a month now, reading about evetything from how to cure scabies to mites.

I'm 27 years old, live in Dallas Texas and here is my story...

First, we've always had a fly problem at every house we go to. You know, the little fruit fly looking things. However, we're not big fruit eaters and don't have any out. They seem to love the trash and the sink (different fly?).

Up to 6 months ago I felt like a bug was crawling on me when I sat on my couch and bed (different apartment), our first assumption was bed bugs and we treated the house (using bombs) for these, the crawling feeling slowed but never fully stopped.

We recently moved (2 months ago) and I felt the same thing on the couch and bed, even worse actually. So much so that we had to throw the couch out. The couch had a mattress in it, it ended up staying out back for a little while until one day I looked out there and it had little black bugs crawling all over it. During this time it seemed I ws being attacked at night by whatever this is, constant crawling all over my head. I usually stay up late to work (upwards of 5AM sometimes) and the entire time this crawling is going on. When I get in the bed it's even worse.

Now here we are at present day. Three days ago I started feeling like whatever this was is now in my skin (I'm certain of it), It's under the skin on my face, my scalp, my back, my toes, and my feet. I can feel it crawling in and out of my anus at times also.

Went to the dermatoligist today and of couse he says it's my imagination, some people get it. He's subscribed me some DEXEPIN for depression. :(  Funny thing is I'm not depressed, my life was quite good until this bug showed up.

I can feel them crawling under my skin, they hang out in my ear (not sure if under the skin or just in the canal) all day, it's gross. No one in the house (my wife and 3 kids) can feel them. My wife has bites all up and down her legs and even a protruded ring looking this on her forearm.

As you might have imagined I'm loosing my mind and life, nothing is the same. And now that the doctor says it's my imagination I cant even get my mom or wide (even though she has a lot of bites) to believe what I'm feeling is real. This makes everything 99.9% harder.

At first I thought it was bird mites (lots of trees around our apartment), then I thought scabies (becuase I can see tracks under my skin), and now I'm thinking it's some kind of fly. There are flys everwhere in this apartment. The disposal was broken when we moved in and it had  flies coming out, they are still around even today (and it's broken again). The bathroom has the flies, in fact, there are several dead in the tub.

I spray the tub down with bleach/water after getting out and noticed when I spray the faucet part some of it turns black (black mold?).

Could this be a bot fly? What do I need to do to get rid of it. Now that the dermatologist was no hope (second doc I've seen, first gave me Pemethrin which did not work) I was thinking of ordering some Stromectol / Ivermectin and Green Kleen Green online.

Recently I had jock itch for the first time in my life, had been taking Gris Peg (Griseofulvin) when this all started to intensify. Please if anyone has been through anything like this offer your sound advice.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Morgellons
Helpful - 1
You should research ringworm infection which is, contrary to popular belief, not a parasitic worm under your skin but a fungal infection that can spread to all areas of the body which depending on what area of the body is called something different. You mentioned you had a case of jock itch which is just another name for ringworm and you also mentioned your wife had a red circular Mark or "bite" protruding from her arm that is the classic tell tale symptom of ringworm. It can cause extreme itchiness,the infected areas can even be painful and sore, zit like bumps can pop up especially when it's spread to your scalp, etc. This fungi is extremely contagious because it continues to live as we shed our dead but still infected skin cells EVERYWHERE and it will take diligence to eradicate it completely from you your family and your home. There are great homeopathic remedies and treatments but if it's severe case you'll probably need to go and convince a doctor of you're self diagnosis  and get prescribed something to work internally as well as externally because it is a 2 sided process to fully being rid of it. Please research it more thoroughly and I hope you find relief!  
Helpful - 1
I'm in tears finally seeing I'm NOT CRAY AND NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS ISSUE!! I haven't been comfortable in my skin in almost 1 1/2 years ! I have all of these same symptoms and they've been going on for about 17 months. IT IS RUINING MY LIFE. I too have insane cleaning regimentsI do daily as well as I have extreme anxiety and Depression. I can't even go out in public hardly because I'm worried about having an attack! I feel it worst I. My ears. It feels like something is ripping they my ear canal. Also, I am in the car and suddenly it feels like spider webs are on my face and even they've been in my eyes and I've had to pull off the road til I can remove it. Whatever it is, it's naked to the average eye and EVERYONE THINKS IM ON DRUGS OR INSANE! I've even been to the doctors, many different ones, and many times . Even in differs locations and different states. The worst attack I had was in my throats and I went to the ER where I was told I needed to go have a 48 hour evaluation in a mental hospital for mental illness! I'm beside myself, no one listens, doctors dismiss, I'm scared for my life. My husband thinks I'm going crazy, my kids are worried and I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO! Please anyone tell me what works!? I'm in Phoenix Arizona, if there's a doc out here that knows something and will believe me and listen, I'll do anything- I'll be at their mercy! Please help me out of this hell
Helpful - 1
Please see my answer below. I definitely do not think you are crazy! I'd never think anyone was. Please though do not think I am right either. I am definitely not diagnosing anyone. I'm just pointing something out and basically saying go to more doctors. Look for more signs. It would have been helpful if anyone had seen little holes at some point (& maybe something oozing) and taken photos. I am not intending to scare anyone. It is just what I saw on television (it's on Netflix too).
P.s. I just saw when you commented. Did you find out anything? I didn't realize this was from awhile ago.
Sorry I forgot to say before I got sick I was staying at my son's and there was mold in the basement I was taking that in it was airborne and when I moved into my new house my life went down hill it took 4 years to find the problem, please people listen I no how you all feel lost husband after 17 years my children alot. And now everybody is sorry, starve that stuff it comes out the body threw the pores also threw hair on scalp
Helpful - 1
Oh yes, the illness is called Morgellens (spelling?), but isn't going to be the disease that all of us are supposed to have!  One time when I did call an exterminator, he said there is a strain of new bug that you can't see, but packs a wollup when it bites, and they call them "No-see'ums".  If you look at the back of containers of insecticide, you will see that some even treat "No-see-ums", but when I asked the exterminator to put that on the bill, that he also treated for those, he wouldn't do it.  It's like, everyone knows it's going on and everyone knows it's real, but they will not admit it for fear of being labeled as "nuts".  Good luck to you.
Helpful - 1
Bottom line: there is no answer and no cure.  What works for one doesn't help the next.  I've suffered 5 years, lost friends, family, and lovers.  Thank goodness she has you.
Helpful - 1
DR. BRONNER'S PEPPERMINT CASTILE SOAP to wash face before bed, then sweet almond oil as a moisturizer. This works. The only thing that works for me, I had put a lot of hope in tea tree oil, but it does not do so much for me anymore.
Helpful - 1
Oh and also the dandruff I found on cat and in my sheets are shaped like a fan or guitar pic with what looks like a seed in it! I have pulled these from my nose and ears as well ! This is just so crazy! Also one day my hubby walked through and saw my cat who was laying down a certain way and he said WOW IT LOOKS LIKE U AND HIM HAVE THE SAME THING LOL HAVE U EVER NOTICED? And I am thinking with EXACT same dandruff that maybe we do have same thing! I have NEVER EVER had dandruff and here I am with same stuff my cat has on his back! I feel something crawling in private areas right now as I write this AND inside my socks! When I pull socks off I see nothing! I know if I tell this to a doctor they will think I am nuts but I am of sound body and mind I assure u! I also find carpet beetle larvae casing on my bed and I also found a winged looking gnat thing on my bed as well today.
Does anyone know what this is and what I can do to stop it? I have read sooooo many things and I am confused,frustrated and EXTREMELY tired!
Helpful - 1
Go to FB and join Morgellons and Lyme groups. We are not alone. We just seem to be suffering at a physical distance from each other. All over the world:(:(:(:
Hi silver,
Shar here. I've written u a few times today.   My friend who lives near y also got a picture of the little white hair/ worm thing.  She sent it to me on her phone.  I wish we could compare notes.
Take care
Shar
Helpful - 0
HBdadon:

It sounds like a whole lot of misery for you.

for the itchy skin, did you try QUELL lotion (over the counter item)--maybe scabies.
Or cortizone cream?

For the things crawling out your anus (maybe pinworms).  ask your doctor for a prescription for Vermox or Mebendazole(by Rx only).

In general, just google MORGELLONS SYNDROME or Morgellons disease and see if it fits you.  

I do not think you are imagining what you are feeling.  That is why I say Morgellons if you cannnot find any other answers.  Most doctors do not know of it.

Do you have a blacklight?  Have you tried looking at your skin with it?   if it is Morgellons you can see flourescent things under a blacklight.

Hope you feel better. Let us know
Cead

Helpful - 0
Dear Zaksky

I really apologize because I did not read yor post before posting about Morgellons.  Naturally, it was the first thing that popped into my mind with such bizarre itiching and squirmies.  Yes, they say that it is sweaping the country and the world according to all reports and they cannot even determine exactly what the strings are actually made of.  Very bizarre!!!  I recently read where there is some famous baseball player in Oakland who has it and also now singer Joanie Mitchell has it, so a lot of money is being pumped into research and publicity all of a sudden.  I feel so sorry for the people who have such a dreadful disease to live with.  The scary part for everyone is that they do not know where it is coming from nor do they even know exactly what the material is made up of.  But it definitely does show up under a blacklight so at least there is a way that those people can prove that they are not completely wacked.

I apologize again, Zaksky.  I never would have posted that if I had read your post first.  I was just so intrigued by reading HBdadon's post.  I read a few that came that came after that but guess I missed yours the first time.  I will watch not to do that in the future.

Cead
Helpful - 0
I think its scabies, that has become resistant to anything that might be able to kill them. This has taken over my entire life in the past 3 yrs. Im a pretty 50 yr old woman, who has this condition, I have seen the tiny mites under a microscope. Its not my imagination. I shaved my head, I comb out my hair hours and hours every day, trying toget an many as possible out of my hair. Ive bought every lice and mite killer, there is on the internet, nothing has worked. I was told, Borax and peroxide killes them, Its failed too0.
I can keep they down in numbers, with a sea salt and goats milk, bought off wish, I also use a bar of sulfur soap on my hair, before the sea salt.  
My depression is no joke, Im even to the point, Ive thought of suicide. I have not even got to hold my new grandbaby, that is now about to turn 2 yrs old, in fear of her getting them from me. Ive stopped all social events, at my home, no visitors, I dont go anywhere any more except a quick trip to the grocery store, now my dad just passed away, and Im left to care for my mom, 85yrs old, diabetic, with early dementia. Im scared to death she will get this from me. I would not evedn go visit my daddy, before he died, in fear of him getting this also.
something has got to give here.
Hi...my mom had a similar situation where she was convinced she had bugs of some sort..steamed cleaned everything bought all types of lice shampoo etc....when in fact she had a type of rosecea that can give the feeling of bugs under the skin, it is the result of a virus, and yes u can get it  in private areas....it drove her nutz...check out this site and see if it fits...the flies in ur home may be playing into what u r feeling...but do check this out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pityriasis_rosea

Good luck and please post an update
"selma"
Helpful - 0
hello.i have these crawling/tingling face +ears  problem on my head for years,as soon as i put my head on the pillow to sleep it starts. i have tried boiling all the bed clothes,wiping the mattress etc with straight dettol,etc. and using a pillow with only a plastic bag and no cover on it.. it feels like i am being touched softly with a feather.as soon as my ear is on the pillow it starts inside my ear .. i vaccumn the bed for dust-mites too.. i notice if i handle bed -clothes/towels/dish-clothes i feel some touching on my face. i have reduced the amount of washing-power i use as i was apparently was using double the amount.. I WENT TO A BLOKES GARAGE TO BUY A MOTORBIKE ONE DAY HE HAS A DOG THAT IS NOT LOOKED AFTER PROPERLY WITH HAIR +CRAP OVER THE PLACE ,AND I FELT THAT CRAWLING/FEELING STRAIGHT AWAY ,AND EVEN AFTER SHOWERING AS SOON AS I GOT HOME I WAS ITCHING ALL OVER, I WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND HE PUT ME ON ALLERGY TABLETS THEY HELPED. BUT STILL IGET IT ON THE HEAD,AND I AM NOT CRAZY..[ yet ]. i actually wonder if i have WOODWORM in the head ,as it would explain it.. inside my nose itches a bit at night,and  my eyes itch and feel dry too.. i also have arthritus in the neck but that wouldn't be the problem.. i shower daily and wear clean clothes so i am not a minger..// the woman with the fruit-fly problem get a plastic bottle place a bit of ripe or rotten  fruit in it,punch a small hole in the lid / or side just big enough for the flys to enter that should help catch them. if you use rotten -meat you will get ordinary-flys..cheaper than fly-spray..
Helpful - 0
I went threw that, bugs a tract to fungus it's a severe bacteria in your body that it's traveling threw your system and if you don't get a doctor to check for fungis it gets overlooked
HI MY 6 YEAR OLD SON & I ARE GOING THRU THE EXACT SAME THING AND I FINALLY HAVE IT NARROWED DOWN TO MOLD/FUNGUS SPORES DUE TO SPRING FLOODING EVERY YEAR OR A MYIASIS INFECTION. COULD BE BOTH FLY'S ARE ATTRACTED TO MOLD/FUNGUS SMELLS... LOOK UP EFFECTS OF MOLD SPORES GONE AIRBORNE AND U WILL SEE THAT EXPOSURE TO MOLD CAN MAKE YOU HAVE INTENSE ITCHING,FEELING OF BUGS CRAWLING ON YOU DUE TO THE MOLD COULS ACTUALLY BE GROWING ON/IN YOU...ETC... IT IS WORSE IN MY HOUSE IN MY BEDROOM(WHICH JUST HAPPENS TO BE RIGHT OVER WHERE THE FLOODING HAPPENS TO BE THE WORST)... MUST BE A CONNECTION... SO NO IT IS NOT IN YOUR HEAD! ALL THESE DAMN DOCTOR'S SHOULD HAVE TO GO THROUGH WHAT WE ALL GO THROUGH FOR JUST ONE DAY AND THEY WOULD CHANGE THEIR ATTITUDE TOWARD"DELUSIONS"
Helpful - 0
CHECK OUT MOLD MITES
I think your on to something in regards to the mold exposure, our old apartment had it, where this all started. Now, in regards to the bed, it's not that the area is exposed to mold, it's simply that these critters are where they know you will be, trust me.

Now, with all that said. If everyone here is not knowing already this is "Morgellons", the name does not fit but that's what it's being called right now. It's not a condition, it's a bug.

My best advice is to start on MMS right now, Miracle Mineral Solution. You can get some on Amazon. However, this is only part of the protocol and required months of use to get the job done. I've been taking it 1 week, crawling like crazy right now as I type this (sitting in my bed).

Once you get the MMS you need to:

1. Take it as instructed, start with 1 drop and increase slowly, I add a drop every 2 days.
2. Buy the rest of Mel's protocol found at http://howicuredmorgellons.com/melsprotocol/
3. Exercise and drink lots of water, don't forget this.
4. Vacuum daily, hepa filter.

Some of this stuff I haven't event even started yet, like Exercise (new gym i joined opens Monday then it begins) but I believe it's all that's needed to get this **** knocked out.

Oh yea, I'm taking a pro-biotic, available at Wal-Mart called "accuflora - The good stuff from yogurt". It's low cost, 60 caplets come in a box, a month supply. It keeps my bow movements regular, I think it's important, very!

Lastly, I've gotten lots of messages about http://lymephotos.com/ and I'm likely to start that protocol also, have a look for yourself. This year this problem will be over for us!!!

IF YOU SOLVE THIS PROBLEM, DON'T LEAVE US IN THE DARK, COME BACK AND TELL WHAT U DID!!!!
Helpful - 0
Hi, how are you doing? We are actually alot better but, we have been before and It comes back full force??? I started that bath treatment w/ sun laundry detergent,color safe bleach, alfalpha tablets and i added a whole box of baking soda and soaked for an hour atleast... Try it and see if it works??? good luck... Jennifer
Helpful - 0
Hello all,

I am experiencing the very exact thing I went to the hospital they kept me for 5 days and could not find anything wrong but tied to convince me to see a psychiatrist and gave me a prescription of Seroquel.. FYI it did not help I'm convince it is my nerves but the strange thing about it all i can touch my skin and feel them moving it is driving me insane if anyone of you find the solution please let me know.. Thanks you in advance.-- also they did run a check for gallbladder disease negative.
Helpful - 0
I'm about the same, for the first time I do feel like I am winning though. Today I took a dose of MMS straight, no mix, it hurt like hell!  My head broke out all over (currently bald so it's easy to see), it looks crazy, like a bunch of things came out.

Also wiped a bug off the side of my mouth earlier, little black thing as has been described by so many.

You said your family is doing better now, what got you there?

To esha812, forget the doctor for now, unless you can find one that treats "morgellons", which depending on where you live is prob not going to happen. The CDC is investigating this entire thing, their recent study is done and we are awaiting their analyst. They did however send out a letter to all medical associations, you can download it on the CDC website, great thing to take to the Doc with you so they know ur not full of craziness, which so far is the only response I've got, I haven't went to the doctor since this started, and wont, until I hear of them treating it successfully or the CDC discovers what the hell it is.

In the end God never does wrong, and he will bring us all through, always has.
Helpful - 0
I have same symptoms: very  itchy sensation behind my right shoulder blade, same place every time; creepy crawling on my face and legs and my hair too believe it or not.  I never see anything but it's gotten so much worse it's scary and now I'm happy to know that I'm not crazy but has anyone ever found a solution?  I've been having this for several months now.
thanks
Helpful - 0
I have basically the same problem as you. After 8 doctors, thinking I'm crazy or a dope head, I have been doing my own research and experments trying to solve this traumatizing nightmare. Recently, I have researched the fungas and mold issue. I have a 2008 GMC Sierra. When I first bought it, it had a horrible odor coming out of the air conditioner. The dealership said that was because it had set up for a while. I have brought it back numerous times to try to get them to fix the problem, but they don't know how and they want. I purchased a mold kit from Lowes and sent it to the lab to have it analized. The results came back, with 3 types of mold.
Since I have had this truck several health problems have occured along with the bugs. I have taken every kind of anti parasite medication that is on the market.
Now, I am taking anti-fungal medication and the crawling is almost gone. The sores that look like bite marks are almost gone. I think that the mold caused the fungas to grow all over my body and under my skin. Then the fungas gnats were attracted to it and then they moved in. Today, I am going to a new doctor to see if she will give me some stronger anti-fungal medication. After 2 years, this nightmare has to end.
Helpful - 0
I am currently taking Lachesis pellets 30c and Milk Thistle 600mg and it is working out great YAY!!!
Helpful - 0
Me too, I got the crap all over me too......itchy scalp driving me nuts, in the eyes, swimming around;  between my toes, in my butt, on my skin; on my face........

Lordie!

I moved into a city officials house here, in Saratoga Springs, NY, and the women before me was trying to tell me that she had been attacked by bugs, but the landlord was standing right there, and she refrained...well, since then, I was told.  

This is a 200 yr old house, and it has bug major infestation in the walls in this upstairs apt.    I am going nuts....and the bugger is, is that you can't always SEE these microscopic or tiny tiny flies or parasites.

My doctor did nothing, asking me to Bring the bugs into the office in a jar;  Lo, as if I am able to catch the damn things....the article or info on
http://morgellonsuk.org.uk/micromyiasis.htm          helps!  I've been complaining for many weeks/months now, and the landlord brought in an exterminator, and then with the extermination, I got ATTACKED VIOLENTLY BY THE PARASITES/FLIES/WHATEVER THEY ARE.

NOW I'M REALLY SICK, AND I HAVE TWO DOGS, A SIAMESE CAT, AND A LITTLE PARAKEET I MUST TREAT NOW....ONE DOG SUFFERS TONS FROM THIS I THINK......AS I DO....WE ALL HAVE TO GET TREATED NOW , DUE TO THESE INFESTATION PARASITES, ETC IN THE WALLS.   (THE METHODIST CHURCH HERE HAS MICE IN THEIR BASEMENT AND MY THINGS WERE BROUGHT TO ME OUT OF THEIR BASEMENT (FROM WHICH MY THINGS WERE STORED), AND WITH MY BELONGINGS , CAME A CHURCHMOUSE FROM THE PARSONAGE,,,,AND IT DIED, AND SINCE THEN, I'VE BEEN ATTACKED RELENTLESSLY AS WELL.

SO WITH THE INFESTATION KNOWN HISTORICALLY IN THE WALLS HERE, PLUS THE MOUSE MITE PARASITES ATTACKING ME RELENTLESSLY AS WELL, I'M IN BAD SHAPE..

HOPE YOU, ME , AND OTHERS HERE ALL GET BETTER.....I'M EMAILING SOME OF THE INFO TO MY DOCTOR, SO SHE CAN PRESCRIBE SOMETHING POSSIBLY TOO.

THANKS ALL

AND NOOOOOOOOOOO, YOU ARE NOT CRAZY.......PEOPLE WHO SUGGEST THAT, ARE JUST JERKS COPPING OUT ON THE ISSUE AND REALITY, I THINK SOMETIMES,,,,CUZ THEY ARE IGNORANT, AND NOT KNOWLEDGED.

Helpful - 0
I have suffered from bot fly and gnat infestation in my body that attacked my mouth, ears and entire face.  I have gone through at least six gestation periods of the fly.  The only way to get rid of this for me, has been to dedride, scrape and treat with MMS (Miricle Mineral Solution).
I found the MMS too late to stop the complete metamorphasis that should have already killed me.
Medical prof will not acknowledge in this country as they have no cure.
Get on this product a/s/a/p.  There are explicit instructions that will provide you relief, cure know you are not crazy. Vera Peskan
Helpful - 0
Invisible bugs or crazy disorder:

Its cool reading all the posts above, But not cool @ all knowing wtf do we have... everybody throwing down there beliefs, its crazy.
Ive been having the exact feeling as almost all the posts above.
@ Nights it cranks up a notch, or maybe in midnight the bug/crawling sensation machine is turn on HIGH level.  When the lights are out, it kicks in more.  If alot of ventilation is put, Fans, AC ect.  the feeling is better.
I sleep almost next to the ac vent. plus a fan ventilating other area.
i sleep with my sheets almost covering my whole body, like a "burrito" or worm.  Facing down, long sleave shirt, only skin exposed is head, hears and neck.  The sensation hits the uncoverd areas mostly, but also below the sheets.
PCO came exterminate with permetrin.  Really, they dont know ****.  He didnt actually believe me in terms of this invisible mites.  Yes a had alot of bugs in my house, ants, roaches, psocids, spiders and the wood larve.
For sure is not BedBugs because in the Island i live, there has not been a case in many many years.  We dont have bedbugs here.
My apt has huge humidity problems, im thinking it may be a fungus, or a parasaite / bug that feeds on the fungus being developed in my house.
Supposely, non of the neighbors have it, even do they have alot of animals.( im the only one of 4apt. in this floor without pets)
I stoped talking about the problem, because people thought i was going bananas, including my father and the people @ work.
This whole thing started as a buzz(noise).  @ First i thought they were mosquitos.  Yes i live near the shore and there are MANY kinds of mosquitos here.  But the mosquitos, u see them, even do the hide in black clothing/threads and when the light are on.
Ive tried every **** talked on blogs :

windex
clorox
zappers
PCO treatment
washing everything
Ozone treatment
Carpet powder
tea trea oil
Gralic / Pottasium / Magnsm
Foggers
Citronella candles

Yes when i washed everything compulsively, had the Ozone generator turn on for hours, when gone out of the house, Took a bath with fungus soap, or sulphur soap, changed sheets before going to sleep, took garlic/magnesium/potassium supplements daily, all this combined= better sleep.  

Or @ least i believe it work.  Its a mind game here.
But its alot of work men.. I dont have a washer/dryer [email protected] my house so its a pain, having a daily laundry.  

I know this might sound crazy but the garlic, Ufff i think it works.  Eating fresh garlic, or taking odorless organic garlic supplement daily seems to calm it a little.  or @ least i belive it.  Missed the gralic for a day or two and I would feel the difference. Is like a vampire myth. Really dont know how this works, it has to do with the PH of your body, and garlic is even stronger than antibiotics.

hope this crazy curse will be gone 4 good.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community