Avatar universal

Pain in right testicle/lower right back

I'm 17 years old and am just getting over a 2 week long cold. Yesterday I notice a very slight pain in my right testicle while walking. I didn't think much of it then and figured it would go away after sleeping. Today, it is noticeably worse and I can feel it when walking, lifting either leg, stretching up, jumping, or coughing. If feels like a slight squeezing or pushing on it but the pain doesn't seem to be centered on my testicle anymore. Depending on how I move it might be in my lower right back or lower right abdomen.

I tried to do some research and found that I could have a bruised testicle (no idea how that could have happened) or somehow pulled a muscle. It may even be an inguinal hernia. Of course the thought of something like that scares the crap out of me so I wanted to ask a pro. What could this be?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
I have similar issues, there are nerves that go from lower pback into scrotum, I rarely have back pain without testicular pain.  I also have epdiditymitis which does not help.  Just a thought if the other possible causes do not pan out.  I was clear for all the other causes.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
I looked up the symptoms for kidney stones and I'm thinking that might be what it is. I won't be able to see a doctor until this weekend though (3 more days). That should be soon enough right? The pain has died down a little but it's still there.
Helpful - 0
351246 tn?1379682132
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The pain in testicle and lower back or abdomen can be either due to stones in the urinary system or due to inguinal hernia. Other causes too should be looked into if these two causes are not found to be causing the pain. It could be due to varicocele or spermatocele or cancer. An ultrasound of the testicles will diagnose cancer, varicocele and spermatocele. An excruciating pain is often due to testicular torsion and needs surgical intervention ASAP to save the testis. Aside from orchitis and torsion, this can also be due to problems with the protective structures mentioned, testicular dislocation, epididymitis and even hematoma or bleeding. Please consult an urologist or your PCP ASAP.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.