Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Shingles without a rash?

Two years ago I had excruciating pain on my left side.  I have had the shingle shot and did not get a rash.  The pain migrated from my left thigh. to left hip, to my knee, to my left shin.  I would take ibuprofen and sleep about an hour, wake from the pain, take a sleeping pill and maybe sleep another hour. I would be up the rest of the night. Someone told me about pain migrating with shingles and I am wondering if I had rashless shingles.  I had a CT scan and many other tests and they found nothing.  It lasted about a month.  I am posting this as I am wondering if there are others who experienced something similar.  Unlike others, it did not hurt to touch the painful areas.  It is also odd that it was on my lower left side.
Hi;
You could be one of those people who don't get the rash. Usually the shingles rash wraps around on side of the torso (back to stomach or back to chest), or appears in places like the neck or face. If you haven't had the rash, consider yourself one of the lucky ones. I wonder if you could talk with your doctor about taking antiviral meds. to speed up the healing process regarding any pain?
Take Care