Avatar universal

Should I see a hematologist?

My body no longer can tolerate cold. Not just on my fingers but I can not put anything cold on my legs. If I rest a cold bottle water on my leg over my jeans I get a burn. I went to the doctors and she did a plasma Vitamin K test and it was high 1869. My MPV was 14.1. She wants me to see a hematologist is that necessary? I have been tired and having wired sensations but I really don't think I need to see the hematologist.
Thank you
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
144586 tn?1284666164
Yup. Londres is right.

Do not pass go. Do not collect two hundred dollars. Bypass Boardwalk.

Go directly to a hematologist.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
Oh yes, you need to see one.  They are more in tune with blood abnormalities then your GP/family physician would be.  Elevated Vitamin K and MPV is NOT good.

Keep us posted.  
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal

  to know abt visit hematologist http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Hematologists
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.