Stomach Cramp, Diarrhea, sweating , light headedness and fainting

I have experienced on 4 occasions in the last 6 years a rather weird Diarrhoea attack which really is painful and scary. Here is a description of what occurs.

1. Sudden abdominal pain which increases in intensity over a short time. The same sensation one might get when they are about to get Diarrhoea.

2. I go to the toilet and try excreting whatever wants to come out. However after about a minute of sitting there with nothing coming out I suddenly few light headed and am starting to get a dizzy spell like I am about to faint and my breathing weakens.

3. This borderline fainting sensation lasts for about another minute before I break out into a sudden sweat all over my body. Within a few seconds I have sweat literally pouring out of me, my clothes are wet as if I ran a marathon or something.

4. After a minute of sweating I suddenly feel something coming out of my rear end. I try to squeeze it out and only a hard stool comes out.

5. The sweating stops and the stomach cramp subsides. I think everything is over and I clean up. I walk out of the toilet and in about 2 minutes time the stomach cramp and the fainting sensation comes back (I've fainted only once to date from this and was out for about 15-20 minutes).

6. When I get back to the toilet I have a really violent Diarrhoea episode in pure liquid state. It takes a few minutes to subside and once I
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Ive had many a bump on my head mainly when i was a kid, I  didn't no what was happening or how to deal with it and i would just pass out on the toilet, coming round when my mum was dragging me out to the garden to get some fresh air. I'm a  relatively healthy 32 year old. Ive explained my symptoms to may doctors but still no answers. Ive just read about vasovagal syncope and it does sound like it could be that. I'm going to  print it off and show the doctor. It is more severe when i haven't had a bowl movement for a wk or so. Ive never had regular bowel movements and often go a wk with out going so Ive just started taking  senokot when i haven't been for a while in hope that this will work. thanks for your advice
Helpful - 0
Man, you have been going through this since you were a kid.  plus the no bowel movements for a week at a time...must be stressing you out big time. I wish you all the luck. You sound like you might be from the UK?  if you are, I wonder what type of medical system is over there and why you haven't been properly diagnosed yet?  
Helpful - 0
Yes i am from the UK and from my experience the medical system is rubbish, it didn't  help that my mum never took me to the doctors about it when i was a kid. Its becoming more frequent as I'm getting older and the attacks are more severe, its driving me nuts!!
To be honest i had given up with the doctors but now Ive read these articles I'm going to definitely go again
Helpful - 0
It's a twelve year old thread, but I'm so happy (2021) to finally come across people who have exact the same symptoms. Thank you all for your answers!
I live with this condition since I'm ten years old, for thirty years now. Have it also 2-5 times a year. No doctor or somebody else (not even the mighty online world) could tell me what that condition is.
Everytime I feel like dying, and it's seems nobody believes me the intensity of such an attack. It's not even pain...it's pure agony....hard to describe......cannot breath, sweating....cramps.... blood pressure drops.....and sometimes I get squeezed into fainting.

But.....dear friends...... obliviously I'm not a doctor and I don't know what that condition is, 3 years ago after an attack so violently I had  to try to self medicate myself.
I always had the feeling that bad stuff in the guts has to come out, hence the dhiarria attack. So I was instinctively afraid of taking any anti dhiarria medication. But one day when a attack started I took the decision to take 2 pills of Imodium (Loperamid) and it was the best decision I made. I found out that all the resulting symptoms of sweating, blood pressure drops, breathing problems, fainting, came from the colic spasms, means the overworking of the gut peristaltic (gut movement to squeeze and liquify). All what Loperamid does is stopping the gut movements for a few hours. And that's the immediate remedy for all the symptoms (not the cause obviously). Wherever I go I always have Loperamid with me....always. Whenever you feel the slightest start of these typical gut feelings immediately take a pill or two! It's stops the progression in 3-10 min. I prevented so many of these attacks in the last three years, for me it really works and the relieve from fear and pain is so great that I just could not not tell people about it. The quicker you take it ( even after first intuition) the more pain and agony you could save yourself. Sometimes I take it as a provilactic for train plane bus travels ect. situations where I know I would cause big trouble and probably ambulance because I could in that attack not explain to anybody to just leave me alone and not touch me slouching on the toilet seat.

It works so well this Loperamid and therefore want to finally share it with fellow sufferers.
I hope it can help you to lose some fear over imminant attacks.

I wish you all the best.....may you find relieve.

Daniel
it isnt great here either..I was afraid to death to even go to the emergency room because I have such a high deductable on my insurance. I really wish you all the luck in the world.. Sux that we have to look to the internet because we arent getting the help we need. and i hear you on the mother thing, I should have had this heart murmur fixed when I was nine, not twenty..Mother's decision..
Please keep me updated.  I will do the same with any tests I get done or whatever.
Take Care
Helpful - 0
hi ican understand your worry i too have terrible bouts of ibs pain i too have tried to go to the toilet only to fall of in bath of sweat the pain from my bowel is excrutiating and i have actually passed out with the pain. my doctor says it is not life threatning but as i get older i fear this is going to kill me off.
Helpful - 0
yer thats just what im worried about. i cant see my body is going to take it when i get really old.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community