Urogynecology Community
588 Members

Urinary prolapse surgery 4 years ago .. ling to tight

Four years ago I had successful urinary prolapse surgery, with mesh and a sling attached.  Lately I have been having trouble urinating and the dr. said it could be that the sling is too tight.  What would cause this to happen all of a sudden and what can I do to make it easier to urinate?  I will hopefully be going for urodynamics testing soon but unfortunately not for a couple of weeks.  Dr. said he might have to snip the sling to loosen it up.  Will this help?  Thanks!
Glad to hear you have had successful outcome for four years but are having complications now.  I have heard quite a few women had to have their doctor snip the sling because it was too "tight". From what I heard it is an easy procedure.  Urodynamic testing should help you find out what is going on.  I would also recommend to go see a urogynecologist if your issue is not resolved as this kind of problem is their specialty.  Another issue with urine retention might be a new prolapse, especially since this started long after your previous repair.  Good luck!