Urogynecology Community
597 Members

how long bleeding after ectopic pregnancy surgery?

I had ectopic pregnancy surgery last monday bleed ligtly till today when started havier bleeding but no pain. Is this from surgery? Is it normal or not?
I'm going to do a little scouting to see who can help you with this (this forum is for pelvic organ prolapse, I want to find someone familliar with ectopic pregnancy). Hang in there a bit longer until I hear back from my compadres, we'll see if we can't connect you with someone who has the inside scoup on this topic.
Sher
hi Im so sorry this happened to you, I know its very painful physically and emotionally.

I would be almost certain that your discharge instructions would say to return to hospital if bleeding increases, which if it doesnt say so....I think its what you should do. There is a host of things that could be causing this bleeding, be especially concerned if its bright red not brown ,,,brown is old blood would not be such a worry.

C
Sorry I am getting here so late- I hope you are doing much better now and very sorry to hear what has happened! I would suspect that it is normal. When I had an ectopic pregnancy and had to have surgery a few years back I experienced something similar and I just went with it as long as the bleeding never got too heavy or I never experienced any pain with it. Sorry I can't give any more info then that. Hope you heal quickly and everything returns back to normal as much as possible! Best wishes!

Patty