Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urogynecology Community
597 Members

how long bleeding after ectopic pregnancy surgery?

I had ectopic pregnancy surgery last monday bleed ligtly till today when started havier bleeding but no pain. Is this from surgery? Is it normal or not?
3 Responses
1128665 tn?1269273471
I'm going to do a little scouting to see who can help you with this (this forum is for pelvic organ prolapse, I want to find someone familliar with ectopic pregnancy). Hang in there a bit longer until I hear back from my compadres, we'll see if we can't connect you with someone who has the inside scoup on this topic.
Sher
599170 tn?1300973893
hi Im so sorry this happened to you, I know its very painful physically and emotionally.

I would be almost certain that your discharge instructions would say to return to hospital if bleeding increases, which if it doesnt say so....I think its what you should do. There is a host of things that could be causing this bleeding, be especially concerned if its bright red not brown ,,,brown is old blood would not be such a worry.

C
208686 tn?1293030503
Sorry I am getting here so late- I hope you are doing much better now and very sorry to hear what has happened! I would suspect that it is normal. When I had an ectopic pregnancy and had to have surgery a few years back I experienced something similar and I just went with it as long as the bleeding never got too heavy or I never experienced any pain with it. Sorry I can't give any more info then that. Hope you heal quickly and everything returns back to normal as much as possible! Best wishes!

Patty
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
United Kingdom
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.