Does excessive masturbation lead to erectile dysfunction?

I'm 21 years old. I've been masturbating excessively for the past 10 years by rubbing my penis on the bed. It sometimes goes up to more than 10 times a day. Lately, I was involved in my first sexual intercourse but could not get an erection. The penis used get soft within seconds of erection. Please help me treat this problem. I'm not obese. Also, I quit cigarette smoking since 2 months.
Not a professional Urologist here, but I am a professional masturbater (practice makes perfect). I don't think you have anything to worry about reddytej. A man of your age is frequently horny which is why you masturbate frequently. With regards to your erectile dysfunction, I have no doubt it was merely a case of nervousness. Erections require uninterrupted arousal which is simple when one is pleasing himself or herself, but once another person is involved then performance anxiety and self-consciousness can become involved. Don't worry a thing about it. Just go slow with your next partner, enjoy lot's of foreplay to achieve maximum arousal, and let yourself be free to simply enjoy the stimulation. f your worried about attractiveness and feeling self-conscious, just remember you would never have gotten this far if you partner wasn't completely turned on by you. Have fun, play safe, and be assured you are not in any way unusual.  :)
The only problem I have heard of is masturbating prone.  If that is the position you use, stop that position as it leads to nerve damage.  

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community