Avatar universal

I have been feeling like i need to pee for the past 3 months, and when i go nothing comes out.

I'm a 19 year old female. I have been feeling like i need to pee for the past three months. Earlier this year I had a really bad Urinary Tract Infection which lead to a kidney infection. I was sent to the hospital with a tempuature of 101.4. I'm beginning to become very irratated with this feeling. After i pee i always feel like i need to pee again and it burns a little. I am sexually active with my boyfriend and he is my only partner. I have been looking up similar symptoms people have been having and the mention pregnacy. Could i just have a really bad urinary tract infection or should i get this checked out? I currently do not have health insurance so i have been putting aside...
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
489228 tn?1291531454
The doctor is right on this does need to be checked out.  There are many free or reduced clinics that work on a sliding scale based on your income.  You can find many of these through needy meds. a website
set up to help low income patients.

You might also consider the possiblity that you have chronic cystitisor Interstitial cystitis too. Like above a good uro can rule out the cause of the symptoms.  We do have an IC and pelvic pain support forum here on medhelp.  I also am an IC support group leader and our website MOARK IC  has many articles on IC that might help you to
find some self help tools in the diagnosis process to help symptoms too.  This is the support forum we set up here too.


Here is the expert forum  also where you can ask the doctor a question.  He is very compassionate toward those of us with IC or bladder pain issues!


Hope that helps!
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
Without examination confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but urge of frequent urination can be due to diabetes mellitus. Other possibilities are glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis(inflammation of the kidneys),urinary tract infection, hypercalcemia ,hypokalemia(low potassium),hyperthyroidism, hyperparathyroidism, diuretic drugs and pregnancy(in females).

In my opinion, investigations like urine for pregnancy test, serum HCG levels,kidney functions, blood sugar levels, ultrasound lower abdomen ,intravenous pyelography , thyroid function tests and cystoscopy may be needed to confirm a diagnosis. I sincerely advise you to consult a urologist or nephrologist and get yourself evaluated so that a confirmatory diagnosis can be made.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community

Top Urology Answerers
Avatar universal
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.