A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.5k Members

Pain causing vein behind left testicle

Hi there,
Let me go brief on my past history to come to now.
Im a 26 y/o Unmarried (not sexually active) guy here.
4 years back, I was diagnosed with Varicocele in India. My sperm count came low so the doctor suggested to go for varicocele surgery.
He said the healing time will be around a month and I will be good to go to America after the healing time.
I got done the surgery and healed. I came back to US and was fine.
I never noticed the bag of worms every again (thank god).
3 weeks back, I went on a long trip with my friends. As I was the only driver, I drove around 600 miles non stop that day.
I came back and the next day(Monday)I felt my left testicle(where majority of varicose veins were treated) to be very tender and inflammed, also was painful especially while driving etc.
Anyhow I thought the pain will subside so I continued with my regular activities.
After 5 days the pain was almost less, but inflammation was there. I was scared for the varicocele to comeback to haunt me.
So I took an immediate appointment to a Urologist on friday.
He did a self examination, ordered few tests (sperm test, testasterone test,ultrasound) and prescribed me naproxen.
I took naproxen for a week and got done with the sperm test and testasterone test.
By now the inflammation/tenderness of left testicle was nearly gone. I felt better, but on and off I still felt a dull pain which was very distinctive. Especially when I drove etc.
I thought It was epiditymytis.(my internet reasearches)
I also noticed, when my testicles are hanging low, especially when Im feeling hot, behind my left testicle, there is a vein, which If I press (even slightly), I feel instant pain.
After the second week, I went to the doctor for ultrasound.
To my relief., the doctor said varicose veins didnt return, my testasterone levels very normal(550) and my sperm count was fine too (40 mil/ml).
He also said I dont have epiditymtis.
He said the vein behind my left testicle I encounter (only when Im warm and testicles hanging fully) could be the tied up varicose veins.
Anyhow Its been 3 weeks since this all started, and I feel whenever Im warm/hot, my testicles go down fully (which I suppose is normal), but I have a slight discomfort then.
Also when they are down, If I touch the inflammed vein(or whatever it is behind my left testicle), I get the dull pain back, which stays until I cool myself up and let the testicles pull back upwards.
Then I feel normal.
Can anyone tell me whats going on.
If its not varicose veins/or epiditymits/ what it is. Why didnt the doctor catch this thing in the ultrasound and said I was all clear. When I can distinctly feel a wierd vein which still seems to be inflammed.(only when Im warm).
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.