805589 tn?1238079161

Penile Fracture

My husband has had a penile fracture for about 6 months. He has not seeked medical attention. I have been nagging him to go to our general practitioner. Of course he is to embarrassed. He has pain during an erection and sex. In addition his penis is bent. I am afraid if he doesn't get the proper medical attention it will only get worse with time. What type of Dr. should he be seeing for this? How costly is the repair and does insurance cover such an injury? We are from the Central NY, can you recommend anyone in the Northeast that specializes in this type of injury? Thanks for your assistance with this embarrassing situation.
2 Responses
Avatar universal

You must take him to a Urologist or a Plastic Surgeon at the earliest.

This may or may not be covered with Insurance since it has been several months since he had this injury.

The cost of the repair varies on the degree of injury and the treatment required.

Hope this helped.
best regards
Avatar universal
when is it too late to fix a penile fracture?
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community

Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.