Urology Community

Penis pain

My husband has been on a catheter since Christmas and since he has had the current catheter inserted, he has had a lot of pain, which he says is an inch or 2 inside his penis.  
The pain is primarily when he is sitting upright and if he is laying flat it goes away.
I think the problem is the way the drainage tube is located where it first comes out of his penis.
It pretty much makes a right angle and then straight down into the bag.
I'm thinking that when he is sitting, it is causing the tube to be pushed up a bit so that angle is even more upward and that is somehow causing pressure.
Is there somewhere that I can find a video of how it should be affixed or a diagram?
Does my theory make sense?
He is due to have a surgical procedure in 2 weeks, but that is a long time to suffer.
thanks for any help you can provide.