Avatar universal

Scrotum Pain

first of all great site.
I am 28 years old and normally quite fit and healthy. However, for the past week I have been suffering from a dull pain in my scrotum.

I am not sure exactly where it comes from but having examined myself I an pretty certain that it is not from the testicle. There is a small amount of swelling that I have been treated with ice but apart from that everything feels fine, with no extra lumps or bumps. I am not sure if it is related but just before the pain stared I started getting a pain in my right hip. Additionally, If stamp my right foot I experience a shooting pain that starts in my scrotum and moves up my abdominal and down my right leg.

As a piece of background information I had a testicle removed (it failed to drop) when I was 8 years old but since then have had no problems what so ever. As I can't find any lumps etc I have convinced my self that it is not cancer and that I must of inadvertently strained myself and it will go away by its self. I would be very gratefully if you could shed any light on what it might be and how to treat it.

Many thanks for your help.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal

Testicle pain maybe due to any of the following: infection or inflammation of the epididymis (epididymitis) or testicle (orchitis); minor injuries, such as a blow to the scrotum; a stone in the lower ureter; enlargement of the veins within the scrotum (varicocele); fluid in the testicles, such as due to a spermatocele or hydrocele; and rarely, abdominal infections or bleeding. Are there other signs or symptoms present?
It would be best to have this evaluated further by your doctor for proper management. A complete medical and physical examination are needed to reach a diagnosis. It is also important to rule out testicular torsion, a condition that occurs when the testicles and spermatic cord, twist inside the scrotum.

Take care and regards.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
My husbnad relayed to me this A.M. that he had pain in one of his testicles.  He fears he may have strained it.  There is no opther symptom and he has never had any problems in the past...How do you treat the pain.  Would it help to lay in a hot bath of Epsom Salts??

You answer would be greatly appreciated..

Lucy M. Williams
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community

Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.