Urology Community
19.4k Members
Avatar universal

Should I see a doctor for Peyronie's disease?

I'm 17 (18 in 3 months) and have an upward curvature. I know not all penises are the same and curvature is normal, however I don't like it. It is a little bit too much curvature for me, plus I don't want to it to curve even more. I heard that wearing tight underwear can cause this..I used to wear boxers during the day and underwear during the night but have since changed to wearing boxers all the time. I am willing to go to a doctor just anything to get this changed. All I'm saying is that my curvature I believe is at the point where it's 'too much curvature' for me. Like I said if anything stop the curvature and reduce it but correcting it would be more ideal or correcting it to a slight curvature. I am also going to add, my penis erect is 6 inches long, and the curvature makes it look shorter. It isn't just a slight curvature at all. Again, still looking for a way to get this corrected. I have heard of massaging areas scar tissue had occured, wearing boxers instead of tighter underwear (which i have switched to boxers fully). I'm really not sure if I have Peyronies's disease. However, I've seen pictuers of Peyronie's disease and it looks like that. No pain as well.

I've never had sex and I feel that it's so much curvature that it would cause difficulty, and I'm not sure if it would cause pain during sex. Should I go to a GUM (genitourinary medicine) clinic or can I just talk to my regular doctor about this? This is an awkward subject and would rather not have my parents know about this, any advice for confronting a doctor about this? Please help.
2 Responses
1340994 tn?1374197577
When I used to work for a urologist he used to prescribe vitamin E and he never stopped.  I believe it gave some relief.  Read about Peyronie's on Wikipedia.  It covers treatment.  You would not want the Nesbit surgery as it causes shortening.  
563773 tn?1374250139
For these symptoms get peyronie’s disease ruled out. Peyronie’s disase is a connective tissue disorder involving the growth of fibrous plaques in the soft tissue of the penis. These plaques cause the penis to be bent. The disease starts as a small bump or constriction on the shaft of the penis below the skin and then consequently curving of the erect penis occurs.Treatment is by medicines like vitamin E, colchicines, Verapamil or Potoba and surgical intervention which is the definitive treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.