Skin bridge removal

Hey all, I have 2 skin bridges on my penis which I am getting removed next week. I was curious what the healing time was. The a doctor wants to cut them and then cauterize the wounds. Will this leave bad scarring? Will this be cauterization by burning or chemicals?
From your symptoms frenulum breve should be ruled out. In this the frenulum which is an elastic band of tissue under the glans penis that connects to the prepuce (foreskin) and helps contract the prepuce over the glans, is short and restricts the movement of the prepuce.

You need to get it examined from your urologist and if diagnosis is confirmed then it is treated by frenuloplasty, frenectomy, or circumcision. Recovery time varies but may be 2-6 weeks for different individuals.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

With respect, I don't think you answered his questions at all.

He stated what the issue was and wasn't looking for a diagnosis.

To the OP. I had a skin bridge removed and unforunately it did leave a scar...but my skin bridge was quite tight and high up on my glans....i know most are lower, around the coronal ridge I think it is called and if yours is then the scarring should be minimal.  Ask for advice on post op care and how to minimise scarring.  I hope your operation has gone ok.

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community