Urology Community

Stabbing Testicular Pain Multiple Times a day

A few months ago I had a sharp pain in my right testical. It set on suddenly and basically feels like a stabbing pain (less than one second) and then its gone. There was no swelling, no discomfort (I could give myself a pretty tough squeeze anywhere in that area and no pain, other than when the stabbing pain hit)

It did this anywhere from every 30s to every 5m, but it was quite annoying. I went to the ER and this is what they said it was not a torsion. My urology doc said that it didn't sound like Epididimytis.

Now the pain is back again in my LEFT testical. Same stabbing pain, no swelling, no hardened testicals, no discomfort when poking around... just a stabbing pain every 30s - 5m constantly over a period of a day (and counting)

I've not been able to find anything on this. Any suggestions?

Also to note:
- I've been in a monogamous heterosexual relationship for 2+ years, so very low chance of STDs
- I wear boxer briefs (plenty of room)
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, neuro-muscular issues, referred pain from other regions etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist or a urologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!