Urology Community

abnormal ultrasound

About 1 yr ago i had an ultrasound done for pain. I am a 47 yr old male. It came back abnormal echopattern on my left testicle. I had a blood test for cancer and it was fine. Six months latter I had another ultrasound done and it is still abnormal. The doctor says that everything is fine but why do I have an abnormal texture. Also this testicle is slightly smaller than my right. Also the pain that started all this was in my right testicle which is normal.
     How are you? An abnormal result of an ultrasound of the scrotum may reveal an absent or undescended testicle, an inflammation problem, testicular torsion, a fluid collection, abnormal blood vessels, or a mass.

But as your urologist has ruled out tumors, hydrocele and varicocele, I feel it could be simple inflammation or the after affect of torsion in the testicle. Reduced size of the testicle after this episode more relates to a testicular atrophy which could be due to torsion.

I would suggest that you take a second opinion in this regard.
Best.