Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.5k Members

abnormal ultrasound

About 1 yr ago i had an ultrasound done for pain. I am a 47 yr old male. It came back abnormal echopattern on my left testicle. I had a blood test for cancer and it was fine. Six months latter I had another ultrasound done and it is still abnormal. The doctor says that everything is fine but why do I have an abnormal texture. Also this testicle is slightly smaller than my right. Also the pain that started all this was in my right testicle which is normal.
1 Responses
Hi,
     How are you? An abnormal result of an ultrasound of the scrotum may reveal an absent or undescended testicle, an inflammation problem, testicular torsion, a fluid collection, abnormal blood vessels, or a mass.

But as your urologist has ruled out tumors, hydrocele and varicocele, I feel it could be simple inflammation or the after affect of torsion in the testicle. Reduced size of the testicle after this episode more relates to a testicular atrophy which could be due to torsion.

I would suggest that you take a second opinion in this regard.
Best.
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.