Urology Community

blood in my seamon

I see blood in my seamon, Im on Augmentin XR Tab 1000MG 2 tab's.2X per day. Could this be the cause ? P.
The presence of blood in the semen (ejaculate) is also called hematospermia. Blood in semen can be caused by many conditions affecting the male genitourinary system.These include infections like herpes,Chlamydia,cytomegalovirus,trichominiasis, inflammation of the prostate (prostatitis), epididymis (epididymitis), or urethra (urethritis),calculi (stones )in the seminal vesicles or prostate, polyps in the urethra ; ejaculation-duct obstructions,other abnormalities in the seminal vesicles or benign or malignant tumors of the prostate, bladder, testes, or seminal vesicles.

Diagnosed by physical examination and investigations like urinalysis,semen analysis and ultrasound and MRI.Treatment will depend on the diagnosis.So pls consult a urologist and get yourself evaluated.

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted.Warm regards.