Urology Forum

testicle facing wrong way?

I've had a left sided varicocele for many years. It seems like somewhere along the way, from when the varicocele first appeared to now, that the testicle began facing the wrong way. By that I mean I feel what I think is the spermatic cord (veins/epiditimis) facing forward underneath the testicle and the smooth side of the testicle facing back or towards my inner thigh. I'm fairly positive that I don't have testicular torsion since the testicle is normal size and circulation is fine according to ultrasound. I recently had the varicocele embolized, so that is why I had the ultrasound. Is it possible that the testicle somehow flipped forward such that the head of the epiditimis now faces down and the tail up? Nobody said anything about it during the ultrasound and I was embarassed to ask. What should I do about this??
Certainly if there was an abnormality in the anatomy of the testicle, this should have been found during the ultrasound.  If you are concerned about this, it is certainly your right to ask what was found on the ultrasound.  

I am unaware of the testicle "flipping forward" after the varicocele.  I would suggest repeating the ultrasound if there is further concern regarding this.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.