Detox is used to medically remove the toxic elements from human body. It supports body's natural defenses. It is a nutritional supplement that helps our body to defense against pollution or heavy metals that we face every day in our life. It support detoxification mechanisms, promoting a healthy internal environment.
Detox is the physiological and medical removal of toxic from the body. There are some types of detoxification like:
Liver, Kidney and colon are the organs which has its own extraordinary internal detoxification. Many nutrients in the fruits helps to remove detox like grapefruit, oranges, apples, cranberries etc.
Probiotics Are essential and high fiber diets are important. Physical activity is good as by sweating removes toxins. Nutrition helps an abundant supply of vitamins, minerals, and flavonoids (chemicals from
vegetables and fruits), also improves skin health.This includes vitamin C (as ascorbate), natural forms of vitamin E, selenium, magnesium, all the B
vitamins, the omega-3 oils, GLA (gamma linolenic acid), and a diet rich in deeply colored vegetables and some fruits.
Detoxification for Your Health
Stimulating your detoxification systems can be done through a number of nutrients.
Phase 1 Stimulation
• Tangeretin (from tangerines)
• Riboflavin and carotenoids (such as beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, lycopene, lutein, and astaxanthin)
Phase 1 stimulation can render some chemicals toxic — the following nutrients
protect against this toxicity.
Phase 1 Inhibition
• Hesperidin (oranges)
• Naringenin (grapefruit)
• Resveratrol (grape skins)
• Quercetin (onions, teas, apples, and most vegetables)
• Apigenin (celery, parsley, and ginkgo biloba)
• Ferulic acid (fruits)
• Chlorogenic acid (Mackintosh apples, blueberries, eggplant)
Phase 2 Stimulation
• Indole-3-carbinol (broccoli, Brussels sprouts and other cruciferous vegetables)
• Isothiocyanates and sulforaphane (broccoli and Brussels sprouts)
• Taurine (an amino acid available as a supplement)
• Glutathione (supplied by N-acetyl L-cysteine, ellagic acid and alpha-lipoic acid all available as supplements)
• Glycine (an amino acid supplement high intakes can cause excitotoxicity)
• MSM (methylsulfonylmethane — a supplement)
• Quercetin (teas, onions, cranberries, and most vegetables)
Stimulation for Both Phase 1 and Phase 2
• Curcumin (from the spice turmeric, also a supplement)
• Astaxanthin and canthaxanthin (from all vegetables and fruits and also available as a
supplement called mixed carotenoids
Six Additional Supplements That Improve Liver Health
Your liver plays a crucial role in your overall health. Here are nutrients that focus on protecting the liver.
• Lecithin (phosphatidylcholine)
• Curcumin also protects the liver from free radical damage and improves bile flow
• Alpha-lipoic acid has been shown to protect the liver from some extremely powerful toxins and from hepatitis C and A damage.
• Silymarin (extracted from the milk thistle plant) protects the liver and brain and stimulates liver regeneration.
• Vitamin C (as magnesium ascorbate) protects the liver from free radical damage
• Magnesium protects the liver from free radicals and inflammation and increases glutathione levels
Source: Blaylock MD