Weight Loss & Dieting Community

How do I join this community?

Hi, My name is Rachael and I'd really like to join this community but I can't see how to do it.  I'm 35 years old and I weigh 273lbs.  I'm so desperately unhappy with my weight and yet I struggle daily with the motivation to do anything positive to change it.  I have isolated myself from everyone because I am so ashamed of the way I look.  I found this site and it seemed like a ray of hope.  I would love to be able to talk to other people with similar issues to me, who I know understand what being overweight is like.  If anyone has any tips or suggestions on how to make a fresh start I'd be truly grateful.  Thanks for reading!
Just by making this post it has automatically joined you to our community.  If you scan through our posts you'll see that every Sunday we do a weigh in post.  Do set up your weight tracker, food diary and exercise tracker.  They are great tools to use to help in your weight loss journey.  You'll find lots of support here.  

Some of my advice is to eat 3 -5 smaller meals a day.  Stop eating before you are full.  Limit white carbs (potatoes, rice, pasta) and eat lots of lean protein, vegetables, low fat dairy products and whole grains.  Don't drink anything but water or black coffee or tea.  Diet foods and drinks can actually work against you.  

Good luck!