A
A
A
Close
Weight Loss & Dieting Community
7.65k Members
1826464 tn?1317634506

How do I join this community?

Hi, My name is Rachael and I'd really like to join this community but I can't see how to do it.  I'm 35 years old and I weigh 273lbs.  I'm so desperately unhappy with my weight and yet I struggle daily with the motivation to do anything positive to change it.  I have isolated myself from everyone because I am so ashamed of the way I look.  I found this site and it seemed like a ray of hope.  I would love to be able to talk to other people with similar issues to me, who I know understand what being overweight is like.  If anyone has any tips or suggestions on how to make a fresh start I'd be truly grateful.  Thanks for reading!
1 Responses
483733 tn?1326802046
Just by making this post it has automatically joined you to our community.  If you scan through our posts you'll see that every Sunday we do a weigh in post.  Do set up your weight tracker, food diary and exercise tracker.  They are great tools to use to help in your weight loss journey.  You'll find lots of support here.  

Some of my advice is to eat 3 -5 smaller meals a day.  Stop eating before you are full.  Limit white carbs (potatoes, rice, pasta) and eat lots of lean protein, vegetables, low fat dairy products and whole grains.  Don't drink anything but water or black coffee or tea.  Diet foods and drinks can actually work against you.  

Good luck!
Have an Answer?
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534637300
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.