nap tricks

Hi all, I was wondering how everyone else's baby goes to sleep during the day...do you just place your baby in cot and ...bammm!she falls asleep?do you use the stroller to rock her to sleep? My dd goes to sleep just fine at night but in daytime she's used to sleep in the stroller,she likes the rythm and some music-because I've always done that.I know a baby is supposed to be able to take a nap anywhere,but she cries if we don't use the stroller..How do I change that?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My baby is 5 months and still likes to be held and rocked to sleep. We have to wait until baby is truly tired though, otherwise it's a struggle. My other two children eventually grew themselves out of needing to be rocked to sleep and starting falling asleep on their own in their crib. I don't quite remember what age they started doing that though.
Helpful - 0
Mine is addicted to the car. If I take her out between 3 and 4 about or maybe a little later, she'll fall asleep. Only of course then, I have to stay in the car (one hour). I tend to work on the computer in my driveway (wireless reaches). She can also, if forced to, go to sleep in the bed, if daddy lays down with her, but she cries for a few minutes first then conks out (has to be tired too yes).

We have a CD we always use for sleep (except in car) and we only ever play it at bedtime (pick one you can stand). It is like a magical charm and knocks her out. We take it on vacations and/or short hotel trips (which tend to keep her from sleeping). The key seems to be to develop a few associations with sleep that they then use. She is 18 mos btw and has had that CD for about 1 yr.  After giving up breastfeeding at 12 mos., we really had to work on routine.
Helpful - 0
I'm no expert in this area, darn it, but w/Noah who's 6 months old now, I mainly have him nap in his crib as I think he gets much better sleep that way.  I have a sound machine that I use that makes white noise and that helps plus I dim the shades, all of that nonsense.  Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.  My baby fights sleep like no other baby that I've seen and other times he's so tired, he just can't quite get there and gets so frustrated that I really feel bad for him!
Helpful - 0
Thanx everybody for your responses,btw my dd is 7,5 months old now and  I really feel I should now '' teach'' her to take naps in her bed-unless we are out.Has any of you done something like that at a similar age?Whenever I've tried to change that habit ,I only make her lose her sleep.She also usually takes 3 naps of 30-40min during the day...does that change too?Is she supposed to nap longer early in the afternoon and less or not at all in the morning? I know every child is different but which routine is ''healthier''?
Helpful - 0
I have been wondering the same  thing Ty is 7.5 montha and I have to either rock him tillhe falls asleep and put him in the swing.. if I lay him in the port a bed downstairs he wakes really quickly! though i hate that he has to be i the swing to nap well... I donyt want him to become confused if I lay him in his bed for naps .. and mess up him going to bed so easily.hmmmm  I think we need a dark shade for his room.. otherwise its very bright and stimulating! rainforest. I am confused to on how to get a routine.. Help too!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum 35+ Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.