Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
1343823 tn?1276272900

15 week ultrasound-3 white dots??

Hello and good afternoon everyone! I was 15w exactly yesterday, and went for an elective "gender" ultrasound, which turned out to be quite dissappointing! The baby was lying under my placenta and would not move. The only shots we could get were profile shots. No face shots or anything. So, the tech proceeded to tell me she thought it was a boy, but since we couldn't get good pictures of anything she wanted me to come back in 2 weeks to get better shots. So, long story short. The "boy" picture she gave me has NO boy part, no scrotum, no twig & berries..nada. I have had 3 boys, and this gender shot looks nothing like what I have had in the past. It is 3 white dots. Now I have read that the white dots could turn into white lines within a few weeks at another ultrasound. Just wondering if anyone had 3 dots at 15 weeks, and what you ended up having or what a later ultrasound showed? Or if there are any techs out there, toughts?
14 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
229760 tn?1291467870
Sorry your ultrasound did not go as planned! I feel your pain there, I had two stubborn boys who I hardly ever got any decent u/s pictures of!!

Anywho I can totally see why she labeled those parts "boy". It looks like boy parts to me. Like if your baby was lying facing you and you were changing his diaper, that is the angle I am seeing!

I hope you get a definite answer soon!
Helpful - 0
1343823 tn?1276272900
I just don't understand, my 3 boys were clearly boys, you could see the turtle clear as day. There were no white dots or anything of the sort. And I came across this photo, of a baby girl at 16 weeks..with 3 white dots

http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/ultrasounds/l/bluspic2aaz.htm

Any thoughts?
Helpful - 0
1343823 tn?1276272900
Found my DS3's 16 week ultrasound gender shot...they look nothing alike. ANYONE?

http://tinypic.com/r/iwnbmh/6
Helpful - 0
202436 tn?1326474333
That looks like a boy to me.  I've had 3 boys and am pregnant with girl number 3 so i've seen plenty of gender shots.  I'd be surprised if it turns out to be a girl!
Helpful - 0
102086 tn?1190509446
Looks like a boy to me too.  I am seeing it at the same angle as rdh1981.
Helpful - 0
1343823 tn?1276272900
I just spoke with another girl, her ultrasound looks identical to mine, also taken at 15 weeks, and she was told girl..and confirmed girl at 20 weeks!! Will be showing the picture to the radiologist on Monday :)
Helpful - 0
719902 tn?1334165183
I agree, it looks like a boy to me, and I have a girl and three boys.  Sorry, hope we're all wrong for ya!  =(
Helpful - 0
296076 tn?1371334474
when I had my last baby I swore they were just missing the little penis for some reason.. every ultrasound (and I had many) I would have them check to make sure it was still a girl.. and on one the tech even wrote... still a girl haha...  I knew she was my last and I would never get my boy.. anyway I have three little girls to love and one of them better give me a grandson!
Helpful - 0
I have 3 boys, and that right there looks like a boy!
Helpful - 0
1343823 tn?1276272900
Just wanted to update..these are NOT boy bits! YAY! Was confirmed by a radiologist! At 15-16 weeks the babies nub can still be protruding. And some techs just "assume" since something is sticking out, it must be a boy. Glad I went to an actual radiologist this time! I also have 3 boys, and that looks NOTHING like my boys ultrasounds did! So to anyone else who gets these tiny white dots, and NO SCROTUM, make sure you have another scan done later on! :)
Helpful - 0
Congrats!  When is your due date?  or have you already had your baby girl?
My ultrasound looks almost identical to yours but at 18 weeks.  
We did not want to find out.  So this was just what I saw on the ultrasound after watching it 100 times!  i have 2 other boys whose ultrasounds looked nothing like this also.  so I'm hoping my result is the same as yours and will be a girl!!
Helpful - 0
Will you take a look at the pics on my profile and see if you think they are similar to yours... Thanks!
Helpful - 0
906115 tn?1344200509
it did look like boy parts but I ahve to admit I had a scan at 15 weeks and they said it was a boy but mine does not look like that. It is a clear little stick:) LOL but if I had not had one I would of guessed boy too.
Helpful - 0
Hi 30something13,

Do you have a copy of your u/s to post?  Just curious as to what the "stick" looked like.

Thanks!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.