2 miscarriages in a row

Im going through a really difficult time here. Last year my husband and I conceived our 1st baby, we were so happy until the 1st U/S at 8 weeks, doctor told us the baby had no heartbeat and measured 6 weeks, 2 weeks after that I had no bleeding or pain so I had a D&C on November 15, 2012. On April 13, 2013 I found out we were expecting again.... after so many prayers finally God had given us a 2nd blessing, May 2nd I started spotting, I went straight to the doctor she told me not to worry, spotting was normal in early pregnancy and to go straight to the ER if the spotting became fresh blood which it did at around 10pm, after 5 hours in the ER and all test and an U/S I knew I was miscarrying again, no heartbeat, baby measured 4 weeks and HCG levels were 165. Im so scared to even get pregnant again and miscarry again, my doctor said if I wanted I could get tested to see what is wrong but Im scared of him telling me I have a big problem. Has anybody had a healthy pregnancy after 2 miscarriages? Im a 28 year old healthy, my husband is 24 and super healthy, everybody in our families are healthy and have had healthy pregnancies.... I have to wonder if Im ever gonna have children :(
Thank you for your responses, they will help me a lot!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
The fact that your body holds on to pregnancies even after the embryo has died is a good sign.  And you don't seem to have much trouble getting pregnant,  which is also a  good sign.  

Does your husband smoke marijuana recreationally?
Helpful - 0
Omg, no he doesn't. We don't smoke (anything lol) and we don't even drink. We're actually very healthy and try to eat as much organic as possible. Thanks for your reply.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.