Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

6wks and 5days and only a sac!

According to my LMP and when I think I ovulated, I am 6 weeks and 5 days preggers. Since i have had 4 miscarriages, I had an ultrasound today to make sure everything was going well. All I saw was a gestational sac that was prefectly round, according to the tech. She said I was measuring 5 weeks and 4 days, but I thought I would have seen a yolk sac too! Help! I am so confused! How can I be a week behind? I go back for another one in a week. Anyone have anything similar or can give me some hope?
2 Responses
365571 tn?1219597746
I don't have any definate answers for you, I'm just not sure.  Was it a transvaginal u/s?  They did the first u/s on me when I was 6 weeks on the day.  It was round, and it had a visible heartbeat, I don't remember if they saw a yolk sac though.  I think I have read a few ladies on here who had this, and everything was fine.  I hope some of them can post for you as well.  And I don't know about your ovulation question.  I never had regular periods, so I could never go by that.  I think I would trust whatever the tech said about how far along you are.  Try not to worry to much, I hope everything turns out well.  Please keep us posted when you findout whats going on.
Yes, it was done by a transvaginal u/s. I am hoping all is well, but from what I've read, things are just not adding up. If you don't know what the difference is between a gest sac and yolk sac, it is like a big black hole(gestational sac) and a little circle, usually not black, inside it... circle in circle.. kinda.... I think... haha... Anyway, I am already supposed to see at least a yolk sac, but nothing was there... Just a big black perfectly round whole measuring 11cm or mm I think...

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.