6wks and 5days and only a sac!

According to my LMP and when I think I ovulated, I am 6 weeks and 5 days preggers. Since i have had 4 miscarriages, I had an ultrasound today to make sure everything was going well. All I saw was a gestational sac that was prefectly round, according to the tech. She said I was measuring 5 weeks and 4 days, but I thought I would have seen a yolk sac too! Help! I am so confused! How can I be a week behind? I go back for another one in a week. Anyone have anything similar or can give me some hope?
I don't have any definate answers for you, I'm just not sure.  Was it a transvaginal u/s?  They did the first u/s on me when I was 6 weeks on the day.  It was round, and it had a visible heartbeat, I don't remember if they saw a yolk sac though.  I think I have read a few ladies on here who had this, and everything was fine.  I hope some of them can post for you as well.  And I don't know about your ovulation question.  I never had regular periods, so I could never go by that.  I think I would trust whatever the tech said about how far along you are.  Try not to worry to much, I hope everything turns out well.  Please keep us posted when you findout whats going on.
Yes, it was done by a transvaginal u/s. I am hoping all is well, but from what I've read, things are just not adding up. If you don't know what the difference is between a gest sac and yolk sac, it is like a big black hole(gestational sac) and a little circle, usually not black, inside it... circle in circle.. kinda.... I think... haha... Anyway, I am already supposed to see at least a yolk sac, but nothing was there... Just a big black perfectly round whole measuring 11cm or mm I think...

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community