Women's Health: Postpartum Community

8 Weeks and 4 days since last period......ultrasound done today...

HELLO EVERYONE, IT HAS BEEN 8 WEEKS AND 4 DAYS TODAY SINCE MY LAST PERIOD AND I WENT IN TO HAVE A ULTRASOUND DONE ON TODAY. WELL, AS ALWAYS, THE TECHNICIAN NEVER WANTS TO GIVE YOU ANY INFO REGARDING THE RESULTS, BUT I HAVE A QUESTION IN REGARDS TO WHAT I SAW ON THE SCREEN MYSELF. THERE WERE THREE SCANS DONE......UPPER ABDOMEN, LOWER ABDOMEN, AND TRANSVAGINAL. ON ALL THREE SCANS, I SAW SOMETHING PULSATING ON THE SCREEN. THE TECHNICIAN KEPT LOOKING AT THE THUMPING PICTURE ON THE SCREEN. SO THEN SHE ATTEMPTED TO DO THE LOWER ABDOMEN, SAME THING, PULSATING PICTURE ON THE SCREEN. THEN SHE HAD ME EMPTY MY BLADDER AND SHE DID THE TRANSVAGINAL, SAME THING. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHETHER I WAS WITNESSING MY BABY'S HEARTBEAT BECAUSE MY BLOOD TEST AND URINE TEST CAME BACK NEGATIVE ABOUT A WEEK OR SO AGO. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INPUT.
I would think that the pulsating thing you saw would have been the heartbeat although it is odd that your urine and blood test both were negative a week ago. I hope that it is the heartbeat, I know how stressful this can be :)
Thank you so much for your response. This is so nerve racking. I should be getting the results from my doctor by the end of the week at the latest. I'll keep you posted. I can't imagine what else was thumping like that. She didn't have the volume on, so I couldn't hear it but I could see it very clearly.
when i kept getting my BFN....the nurse had told me that one woman knew she was definately pregnant by the way her nails were growing...it took her until she was 6 months pregnant to show positive on a blood test... WHY??? I really don';t know...isnt' the placenta what makes the HCG??? anywho ya thats it and my mom it took her until she was 9 weeks with me and 13 weeks with the one she lost after me...she had a miscarriage and even though the tests were negative they finally did an ultrasound and she was definately pregnant...best of luck...:)kep us posted that
Thank you so so much for that post. I keep telling my family that I feel within my heart that I am definately pregnant. One thing about being pregnant once, you never forget the feeling of being pregnant after that. Just as they say in court, Innocent until proven guilty, well I feel like I'm pregnant until proven not. The only way I would feel that I'm no longer pregnant is if I were to see some sort of blood. Haven't seen none and have all the symptoms, so what else is it for me to think right? Thanks again though for that post. That was encouraging to me so much. I appreciate that.
You have  major blood vessels that are normally present in the abdomen, and you could have been seeing that.  They pulsate.  

If there was actually a fetal heart beating, you should have gotten a positive on a pregnancy test. I hear the old "my friend never tested positive until she was 7 months pregnant" all the time, but it happens rarely.  Much more rarely than it seems to be on Medhelp, home of the incredible miraculous pregnancies that are undetectable to modern testing.  

You said even on the upper abdominal scan, you saw the pulsating thing.  That CLEARLY can't be of fetal origin.  The embryo is not anywhere near the upper abdomen.  That one had to be one of your major blood vessels.  
I agree with peek, it can't be that far up. This early in pregnancy it would be very low. Not only that, but you would definitely be testing positive by now. Ya know, I don't know that I believe ANYONE has tested negative on pregnancy tests when they were truly pregnant. I just don't buy it.
You hear of it happening so often, you would think that pregnancy tests are completely inaccurate--I mean, who would trust tests, if they were so unreliable?  
Just wanted to say thanks so much for your response. I hadn't even thought about the other blood vessels I could have been looking at. Something to think about. Thanks again.
Just wanted to say thanks for your response. I appreciate it.