Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Advice Needed -urgent on thalassemia beta major

HI all,

please let me the possibility of thalassemia passing on to my child as im expecting now. Actually my husband sister is having thalassemia beta major and she is around 28 yrs old. and now i am worried if my baby could also me a carrier.
i am normal and do not carry this disease.but not sure about my husband.

Before planning our child we were informed by the doctor that the possibility of carrying is the disease is more with sisters kids and not brother. but both my sister in law have normal kids with out this disease.

please answer this query and ease  me out of the tension. im not able to enjoy my motherhood each day i worry about my child, please help.

reagrds,
Padmini