Am I pregnant?

I had surgery almost 2 weeks ago. I told them there was a possibility I could be pregnant, so I took a test first. They gave me a blood test to be more accurate since I was under the age of 18. It was negative. It was about 6-8 days after intercourse, could it have been to early for the test to be accurate? Also, I got a period today.. But I've heard you can get a period while your pregnant. Someone please help before I tell my parents..
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
you sound very anxious. The best way to check is to repeat the pregnancy test.  If ur periid was heavy/normal flow u are unlikely to be pregnant. Maybe you should talk to your parents, Dr or close friend about how you are feeling.
take care and b safe.
Helpful - 0
It is possible that even a blood test could be wrong that early on but it's unlikely because it can pick up very low hcg levels. With that and being you seem to be having a period I don't think you are pregnant. If you are still worried I would get a home test and take that. If you are going to continue being sexually active you should seriously consider getting put on some sort of birth control along with using condoms to prevent pregnancy and STDs.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.