Can't wait to take an hpt!

Anybody out there waiting to test?  I'm 7dpo and just praying for a positive!  I need some company, so I won't feel like it's just me.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Everyday my fiance ask me if I feel I am pregnant. Everyday I give him my answer no. My period is due on the 18th of this month. I am scared of negative answer. I was pregnant before but, lost the baby at 8 weeks. I am so, hoping we are...
Helpful - 0
Thank you both!  Sorry I have been wrapped up in so many different things lately.  Maddie is such a good baby and we are enjoying her so much!  My husband got fixed on our due date so she is it for us.  I want to cry because she is growing so fast...she is already 8 wks old!  
Helpful - 0
Wow congrats Mandy! She adorable!
Sorry I haven't been around much - busy busy these days, but loving every minute of it!
I can't believer how fast the time is going by and how much Owen has grown!
He's been sleeping through the night (11pm to 5 or 6 am) for about 2 weeks or more now, which is great. Last night he slept from 11pm to almost 6:30 the next morning!! It was great :)

Hope everything is going well with the rest of you - I'm going to go see if you've posted any more pics. I may stick on a new one myself!

Helpful - 0
Welcome home Madison!!  She's so cute...and a big baby too!  I know you're so glad to have her home w/ you.  Hopefully her sleeping all night will come on a more regular basis b/c I know how rough that is.  I was so flipping exhausted that I felt like my head was tied to a string and I was carrying it around like a balloon.  Get some rest and put up some more pics when you can.  Congrats!
Helpful - 0
Hi!

I had my baby!!  Madison Paige came on 10/12/08...it's funny because I the last I wrote I said that I wanted to go into labor on my own on Sunday.  I have learned to be careful for what I ask for because labor actually started 10pm Saturday night- we ended up leaving for the hospital at 2am Sunday morning. I didn't have her until 6:58pm Sunday evening.  She was 9lbs 7oz and 21 1/2 inches.  Labor was harder than my other kiddos but when it came time to push, I had her out in less than 5 mins.  :)

So far she has slept through the night 3 times (which we are very thankful) BUT all the other nights have been a bear.  I am thinking I better get in a nap now just in case she is up again tonight.  I just thought I would stop by and share the news:)  

Hope everyone is doing well!
Helpful - 0
Lil Pig-Sounds like our pain might be similar.  My dr says that there is cartilage in the front of your pubic bone and I must have really damged mine when I delivered probably b/c Avery was "sunny side up".  3 months out, it's better but not healed by any means.  Have you talked to the dr??  

Any word from Mandy???  She's bound to have had that baby!
Helpful - 0
Yeah, the pain is rignt in front of my pubic bone, right at the top of the urethra. Hurts to press on that area.

Sounds like Avery is a dream!! Owen isn't too bad either. He still wakes for feedings in the night obviously, but he's sleeping longer and longer all the time! Sometimes I worry if I should be waking him to eat!!

Mandy good luck!! Hopefully you'll have your little bundle soon. I knoiw this must seem like forever for you!!
Helpful - 0
Mandy-Avery is just the most precious thing!  She's 11 weeks already and smiles and coos and melts my heart.  She sleeps all night from like 9:30 to 7 and nursing is a breeze.  I couldn't ask for better...except...she HATES to ride in the car!  Makes for some very long trips.

LilPig-is the pain your having inside or out?  I still have pelvic pain right in the front of my pubic bone and am wondering if yours is in the same spot.  I'll peek at the pics!
Helpful - 0
What a HANDSOME little man!!  I bet you are so proud of him. How are the nights going for you guys?  Is he up on a regular schedule?  

I can't wait to post some pictures of Madison up.  Although we had the 4D ultrasound I still can't wait to see what she looks like in person.  

I would certainly mention it to the doctor.  I had some strange things happen after the birth of my first baby but I don't recall having tenderness there.  Then again it has been over 8 yrs since I last gave birth.  Let us know what you find out.

I was supposed to be able to schedule the induction but now my doctor said because he wasn't the one to examined me last that he would prefer to examine me one more time before we schedule anything. (the last doctor appointment I had my doctor was out so they had me see another doctor.) UGH!    That really put a damper on my day.  I go back in on Tuesday to let him check me for himself then I should be able to schedule the induction.  I am just hoping that Sunday I will go on my own and then we don't have to worry about it.  I am dog sitting for someone right now so that is why I picked Sunday...LOL.
Helpful - 0
Oh just a quick question - have any of you ever had tenderness/pain in your urethra after childbirth? I thought it was just tenderness from the whole ordeal, but it hasn't gone away yet. It almost feels like a bad bruise, but also hurts, as if pulling, if I tilt my pelvis a certain way. Do any of you know if this is normal? I'll have to mention it to my doc when I go next week.
Helpful - 0
Woo hoo Mandy! So exiciting! Maybe the next time we hear from you, your little girl will be here. I hope all goes well :)

I've posted 3 pics of Owen so you can have a look :)
Helpful - 0
Thank you!
I just had another doctor appointment today and I was almost 2cm and 50% thinned.  The baby was at -2 station.  They are going to call me tomorrow and let me know what day I go in to have her, that is unless she comes on her own first.  

How is your precious baby girl doing?
Helpful - 0
Lil pig-Congratulations!!!!!!!  I know you're sooo proud!  Sounds like your labor was a dream...and for your first...you're VERY lucky.  I know you're having so much fun w/ him and being a mom.  Isn't it incredible!  Sorry to hear about your bottom and hope it heals up nice and quick for you.

Mandy...WOOHOO!! I know you're beside yourself w/ excitement now!!  Make sure to get all your ducks in a row since it's just around the corner.  I'm jealous!  Labor and delivery has always been the best part of pregnancy for me and I always feel so disappointed when it's over.  Enjoy these last moments!
Helpful - 0
Whooo hoooo... I found out that my cervix has started changing.  The doctor said I was 1 cm and still about 40% or so thinned.  They are going to schedule and induction at 39 weeks if she doesn't come before then.  So I should have my bundle of joy with in the next 2 weeks or so... I am so excited!
Helpful - 0
I'll post a pic once I figure out how to do it :) Hopefully it's easy!

Yeah, talk about a quick delivery. The nurses said if I have a second one that I should definitely not wait at home!
Helpful - 0
Congratulations!  I bet you are so proud :)  Does he have any hair?  I bet he is adorable... can you post a pic?

Wow, for your first baby you had a really, really quick delivery!!  I am jealous.  This will be my 3rd baby and I doubt mine will be that quick.  If it is, I will be grateful.  

So sorry to hear about all the problems you had after birth.  I had similar problems (although not to the extreme of yours) after my first one. I am so glad to hear you are starting to feel better now.  
Helpful - 0
CYW
congrats on the new bundle my DS was also born on sept 12th but at 11:46pm...
Helpful - 0
Hi ladies, I'm back!! Sorry it took so long. I finisehd work a few weeks early and then my computer was out of comission for two weeks while I was home. Then baby came early!!!

We had a little boy, Owen Edward (middle name after my dad who passed away when I was a little girl) who arrived on September 12th at 11:51pm!  He weighed in at 7 lbs 3.5 oz, and although he was early, they said he looked like he was overdue because he was all dried out. But he's happy and healthy and just perfect!

We had our 4D u/s that morning, all during which I was in early labour and just thought I had gas pains. I got home from there at around noon, and by then I figured I was in labour. I stayed at home until almost 9 pm that night, and when I got to the hospital I was only 4cm. I was totally disappointed - I had hoped that I would be further along than that. But an hour and half later I was 8 cm!! And after another 1.5 hours (including only 33 min of pushing!), Owen was here! We thought for sure his birthday would be the 13th, but he came very fast :) The docs said on the necxt one, I shouldn't stay at home at all!! LOL!

Anyway the last 2 weeks have been a roller coaster. Because he came so fast, his head didn't have time to mold to my body at all, and I ended up with quite a few stitches (but he had a perfect little head!). After I got home from the hospital the stitches got infected - that pain was worse than labour I swear. I couldn't sit down for a full week. Then the antibiotics for that infection gave me a yeast infection in my breasts - talk about fire nipples!! LOL! Anyway I'm on the mend now, and things are feeling much better.  So only for I have a wonderful little boy to look at I'm not sure I'd ever want to go through any of that again :)

Ok gotta run - hubby has supper ready! God love em :)

Helpful - 0
Welcome back!   Although I'm sorry you had to go back to work. I bet you miss having that time with the baby.  I hope I can swing working from home again once Madison comes, we are in the same boat, we need my salary.  Things are getting a little too tight lately so the sooner the better.  If you still have my myspace page info, we have pics of the nursery on there.

I am pretty sure Lil Pig had her baby...  I can't wait to hear about it!  I keep checking for her update.  

I kept having cramps so bad they kept me up all night that I went to the hospital to just make sure everything was ok last Sunday.  I was not dialated any and was 40% thinned out.  The baby was -3 station.  I had a pretty bad UTI infection, ugh.

SO I go to the doctor today.  I am praying for a change in my cervix, since I had a little of pink spotting last night.  With my boys I was already dialated at this point so I am just a little confused as to why not with this one.  I know it's still early... I was never good at the patience thing...LOL
Helpful - 0
Hey dolls!  I'm back at work as of yesterday...and it's ****!  I want to be home sooo bad but financially we just can't do it w/out my salary.  My computer at home was also **** so I didn't try to post anymore from there, so you'll see more of me...and I'm going to try to post pics today.

Lil Pig-I'm sure you've had the baby by now!!!  Please post ASAP!!

Mandy-You're just around the corner too!  Wow!!

Dang!  It looks like AF is coming back!  Ugh!  And I'm still excusively breasfeeding. ...weird, huh??
Helpful - 0
Wow!  You don't have too far to go...  How exciting!  I can't wait to find out what you are having... once you have that baby you'll have to make sure and (when you can) get on here and tell us.  Do you think you are going to make it to your due date?  
I hope you can post a couple of the 4D pics if you make it to then to have it done.  When I had mine done she wouldn't cooperate too well...ugh.. seemed like forever to get a face shot.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!

My doctor said he will induce me at 39 weeks if make it that long and there is some change in my cervix by then.  Mainly because I have big babies and I live in more of a rural area and not very close to any hospital.  He doesn't think I will make it that long because I have yet to carry a baby past 38 weeks. So we shall see on that...  

BUT No more bleeding since... just very very light (have to look for it) spots of pink or brown blood once and a while.  I have started having stronger Braxton Hicks contractions though.  This pregnancy has been very interesting....

How about you... had any contractions that you know of yet?  Have they started checking you for cervix changes yet?  My doctor won't start checking me until 36 weeks.
Helpful - 0
I forgot to tell you!
I have a 4D (3D + real time video) ultrasound scheduled for Sept 12th. There's a new place opened in the city (UC Baby) that does this just for non-diagnostic purposes. It's still a certified technician (legally has to be), but just for fun. THe only thing it, they don't open until September 8th, which explains my late appointment time. By then, if I haven't had the baby, I'll be almost 39 weeks. At that stage, the baby may be too big to get a good view of anything (so close up!). So, I'll get a special trial rate (still $100!!) that I can upgrade from depending on what we can see. I just want to see the face - but again if it's too close up, it migiht be all distorted and funny looking. I'm crossing my fingers that we'll get something good. I'm excited about it - just hope I'm not disappointed!!
Helpful - 0
That's so strange Mandy, but I'm sure glad everything continues to be fine.
I hope it doesn't keep up too much for the duration of your pregnancy.

Yikes, I just realized I have 25 days until my due date. That's insane! And we're sooooo not ready - but for some reason it doesn't bother me. All I can do is laugh ;)

I feel there is so much baby in my tummy now. The last week has gotten really uncomfortable. Even my groin area and pelvic bones in that are are super tender and sore. It feels like I've been constantly horseback riding all day or something!
Well, not much longer now! And I've only got 2 days of work left. Yippeee!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Hi!

Well, the bleeding came back, of course in the middle of the night again.  It was more pink than red this time.  I just don't understand why that it happens in the night.  I woke up my hubby just to show him so I wouldn't be accused of dreaming it.  Went to the doctor's that morning and he did another ultrasound and checked me.  He thinks that it is my cervix.  The baby does beat me up a lot down there so he is pretty sure that is where the blood is coming from.  Same as last time, haven't had any more bleeding since and the baby seems happy and active.  

62 days to go!  My gut feeling is this baby will be here before that though....I am hoping more like 49 days to go...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.