Is she pregnant?

I've been going with my girlfriend for 5mths now.  She just told me she's pregnant on june 2.  She said she went to the doctor yesterday for the ultrasound and find out more info about pregnancy.  She said the doctor told her she's 7 weeks pregnant and told her to come back next monday, June 9.  She said she told her mother but, not her father.  I told my family already.  Then later that afternoon, she begins stressing out about things not the way they suppose to be for her and that she's doing it alone.  I explained that I'll be there as much as possible for her and the baby.  She didn't listen and then suggested that we shouldn't be together.  I found that to be strange cause she was so quick to get rid of me.  Then she said she's going to have an abortion, which I don't believe in.  I told her that I'll be there for her thru out the whole the and that I want this baby.  Later on that night we started talking on the net about the whole situation then we ended up back together.  I want to know if she really is pregnant or is she using this as an excuse to use me?  Can she be 7 weeks pregnant and not know the due date?  Why would she act like she did when we were happy at first?  I'm a good man seeking the truth.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
why don't you go to her appt. with her june 9 and then you'll get some info.  just show up at the dr. office - don't tell her in advance, make it a happy surprise.
Helpful - 0
No, she couldn't be 7 weeks pregnant and not know the due date, unless of course she wasn't listening to the dr when she was told.

Don't discount how loopy hormones make you when you are pregnant...sounds like she ran the gammit in the first day. I think you should show up for the appt on Monday.
Helpful - 0
Hormones can make a woman crazy when she's pregnant, my poor husband had to ride quite a roller coaster of emotion because I was all over the map. She sounds like she's hormonal, but you should go with her to the appointment for suppor and for facts. There's no way she could know she's 7 weeks along and have no idea when her due date is. I'm 10 weeks along and my due date is December 6th, 3 weeks ago they thought it was December 29th. It'll continue to change with ultrasounds. You can go online and figure out due dates as long as you know the date of her last period. Good Luck!
Helpful - 0
yes pregancy can cause a bunch of emotions. i can remember being pregnant and getting mad at my boyfriend because he was about to go to sleep before me. i mean he had to get some rest before an all day drive from chicago to new york and all i could think was that he shouldn't go to sleep before me! crazy...i started throwing lamps and slaamming down phone books. he tells me now that this was the funniest thing that ever happened between us. he honeestly thought i was nuts. lol. i think that you should go to the appt with her and find out for yourself.
Helpful - 0
Well when I went for the first time I was 7 weeks and 5 days. They never TOLD me my due date but it was on the photos from the ultrasound. Its pretty easy to figure out if you know how far you are. She could be using you, but she may be telling you the truth. Maybe she thought she was going to ruin your life and didnt want you to have to deal with her so she tried to get rid of you. I would go with her to the appt on the 9th!
Helpful - 0
Why does your profile say you're female?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.