MOLAR PREGNANCY

hi everyone, i had a miscarraige 31 oct i had a d& c and 2 wks later i was tld that i had a molar preg and that it very important that i didnt get preg ,i cld be preg at the min and im worried what will happen to me has any one got preg straight after a moler preg
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
There is a risk of cancerous-like masses growing from cells of the old molar pregnancy, if they were not completely removed by the D&C. Because of that, molar pregnancies are the only kind of miscarriage for which the recommended waiting period before trying again is one year. Your doctor should be monitoring your hCG for several weeks or months after the D&C to be sure that all the cells are gone.  If you think you are pregnant, tell the doctor right away.  
Helpful - 0
Cancer is the biggest risk. My doc. even told me after our normal D&C to wait 3 months as your risk of a molar pregnancy is higher during this period of time.  You need to tell your dr. immediately because of the cancer risk. Good luck
Helpful - 0
On re-reading, my other question is that you said you had a D&C on October 31st, and on November 15th, you said you think you are pregnant.  Isn't that a little soon to suspect you are pregnant?  Even if you were to ovulate on a normal schedule counting the D&C as a period, ovulation would not be until about the 14th.  So are you saying you think that you are pregnant one day after you ovulated?   It's simply too early to tell..
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.