Near-term moms? What is your progress? (Open forum)

My progress: I had my 1st internal last week.  Cervix 2 cm dilated, 80% effaced at -1 station. 37 weeks yesterday: no change, but at 0 station instead.  So slow and painful waiting.

How about you?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I never believed people before when they said how bad the wait is in the last few weeks. Wow, was I wrong. I am driving myself crazy here and sometimes it feels like I will be a big pregnant lady forever. I just try to remember that as long as my baby is healthy, it doesn't matter when she comes. I go later this morning for my 40 week app, can't wait to hear what the doctor says. I thought I was having some contractions last night, about 20 minutes apart, but this morning, just the baby kicking, no contractions.
  Good luck to you too.  80 % effaced is a good sign. My doctor had told me that since I was already 1-2 and 75% effaced at 36 weeks, that it doesn't mean the baby will come early (in my case, she definitely wasn't early) but that if I would need to be induced later on, the fact that I'm already dilated and somewhat effaced would really help that out. So that was a little encouraging to me.
Helpful - 0
I am 36 weeks and 2 days, I just went to the doc on Wed and I was 1cm dilated, 80% effaced and the head is fully engaged.  She thinks that I will go on or before my due date.  I have an u/s scheduled for next Wed to see how big the baby is.  I hope I would make more progress between now and then.
Good luck ladies!
Dolly
Helpful - 0
I just want to tell you pre-term ladies GET YOUR REST NOW!!! I know you're excited, (so was I), but wow, sleep  while you can, this is a lot of work :)
Helpful - 0
When did you have the baby?   Did everything go ok with the delivery?  No complications from the other sac I hope.  
Oh, yeah  what did you have?
Helpful - 0
Hi, I had my Lily on Sept 28th. I had to have a c-section. We didn't have any problems w/the other sac, in fact I switched ob's at 31 weeks and my Dr. said he read my file and he didn't have any questions. Really, it wasn't mentioned again after that. Thanks for asking!
Helpful - 0
Hmmm 12 days left...nothing exciting is happening...no dialating, thinning, etc.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.