Negative Qualitative but Positive Quantitative

Hello..I had a negative hpt on Monday, 2 positives on Tues, 3 positives on Wed, and  a positive Thurs morning.  Funny part is that my qualitative blood test was negative.  My doctor ran a quantitative and my level was 127.   I am now 14 days post ovulation and am wondering if all of this sounds ok.  Last month I had a similar problem....3 positive hpt but a negative blood test (they only ran a qual test).  I'm afraid that last time I may have had a chemical pregnancy but I have terrible fears that this time things are presenting fairly similar....any words?
Yes, 127 at 14 dpo sounds great! Congratulations :)
What is the difference between the qualitative blood test and a quantitative blood test.

When I go to the gyno and he test for pregnancy they say that any hcg levels over 5 is pregnant.

So...i am confused....

A few times I was told I was not pregnant and I know 100% that I was and that I miscarried, because i didnt have a period for 3 1-2 months...my belly was the size of a 9 weeks even got asked by others at the gyno when I was due! My breasts and everything were large and dark. I had an ultrasound but it said that I was not preg....however a urine test 2 months earlier said I was. I went to the gyno a week later but his blood test said no. I had it repeated every too weeks and they claim not pregnant but also didnt get me the hcg level...one said below 2
A qualitative test will simply give you a yes/no for pregnancy and a quantatative will give you the actual hcg level.  It is very bizarre that tests don't always agree.  Had I not insisted with my primary doctor to order the quant level then I would still think that I wasn't pregnant and without a period now for 8 days.  I had my levels drawn 48 hours after the first test (they should double in 48hrs) and my level was 257.  I was able to also get into my OB and they ordered more labs for this week to keep up with my hcg levels.  They also did an ultrasound and found a little "pocket".  I'm almost 3 wks so there wasn't much to see but there is something there.  I asked the nurse why the tests would differ and she said she wasn't sure.  The qualitative should have read posiitive with an hcg level of 50.  It is confusing for sure.  HPT, I think, will detect pregnancy with hcg levels at 25 or greater.

CONGRATS!!!!

XOXOXO =D
Thanks!  I had levels drawn again yesterday and my hcg level was 2788 and my progesterone was 27.8  The docs want to keep me on my prog supp (gross) but I will do whatever it takes.  :)   I have another u/s scheduled for Tues with hopes to see the yolk sac and maybe a fetal pole.  I think they are extra precautious b/c of my miscarriage in March.  

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community