Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members

Poop after stitches

I had my baby on Thursday last week and I have just had my first poop. I have been really worried about it as I normally poo at least 2 times a day.  :(

What advice can you give to make it a little but easier

Xx
3 Responses
6886003 tn?1457231122
They should give you colace. Which is a stool softner with my first I had a second degree tear omg it hurt worse than labor. My first poo luckily was not bad as I took the colace as said plus a little extra.  Just make sure you take that colace and I used the water bottle forever after I had him. It took me about 3 4 ish months to feel ok downthere.
Thanks for the quick response I has a 2nd degree tear. They didn't give me anything, the midwife came yesterday to visit and they are due back tomorrow.  I have managed to have a poo final, it did hurt a little but just sat there and let things happen on there own accord.  

X
1 Comments
You can buy colace or ask they prescribe it I was also given a small dose of Lora tabs. that's the best way dont force it lol its very painful. I'm worried I will tear with this birth as well. I'm not looking forward to it.
Bless you.  :)  I hope you don't.  
Not forcing anything at the moment. :)

Hope your labour goes OK.  Xx
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.