Pregnancy after ablation

Hi everyone, I have a few questions for you all....I am 33 with 3 children from a previous marriage.....now that I'm with the man of my dreams, we would like to have  a child together.  I had a ballon ablation 5 years ago, I have continued to have my periods, although they are light.  I was wondering if pregnancy would be possible for me....a friend of mine told me I could take something called FertilAid and FertilCM to restore the lining of my uterus...any one tried this or know anything about homeopathic remedies?  Please offer any advice you may have..
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
If an ablation is performed correctly, the chances of becoming pregnant are extremely low.  I dont know much about this topic aside from that and would suggest that you speak w/ your OBGYN for guidance.
Helpful - 0
I'm 37, a mother of two my youngest being 16... 10 years ago I split with their father and had a hysterscopic ablation 9 years ago.  I have a partner that I've been with for almost 9 years, I have never a had a period since the ablation and knowing that child conception was not possible we have never used contraception.  In May last year I started taking Centrum just because I felt I needed something more being a full time working mother (I was exhausted)!  In July amazingly we found out that I was pregnant!  I went through turmoil, as the doctors were all advising me to terminate explaining that it could be life threatening as well as extemely complicated... After a lot of sleepless nights and speaking with numerous doctors I decided that I would not terminate, I'm now 30 weeks and counting down the days, it hasn't been easy and I've done a lot of "what if's" but hopefully the outcome will be all worth it!  
By all means I would not recommend it because as I said it has been very hard, extemely emotional, and above all very scary... but you need to decide that for yourself.
Hope this has somehow helped.
Cheers,
Jordayden
Helpful - 0
Scroll down just a page and you will find 583 comments on that subject. Maybe some of it is helpful.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.