Pregnant after Miscarriage and terrified!

I had a m/c in April 09 at 8½ weeks. Benn ttc since then and eventually had to do fertility b/c of my endometriosis. We are now pregnant, I am 10 weeks today! BUT I can't stop freaking out! Every tiny little thing terrifies me (a small pain, if I'm NOT nauseous one day, if I'm not tired one day, etc). I can't imagine going through another loss. We have had 3 u/s and heard the heartbeat each time - 159 at 8½ wks. I thought that would calm my fears, but I still find myself so scared something will go wrong even though the doctor says everything looks great and baby is growing just the way it should. My friends don't understand why I am so nervous and it makes me feel more alone and like I am overreacting; they just say "you need to relax, it will be fine." But that's what I thought the 1st time. Anyone been through this and have any suggestions or advice? I appreciate it!
Best Answer
It can be very hard after you miscarry to not worry again, but the stress and worry are not good for you or for baby. (while I know none of this is comforting) a miscarry is very common and happens in 1/5 pregnancies and doesn't mean that the next baby will as well. Normally it's due to something wrong with the child itself, not the mother. Your symptoms will start to die down and your body may not feel pregnant even if it is. At the end of the day, no matter how much you worry or stress, none of them will save a baby if it's not meant to be. So try and enjoy it now while you can. It's hard and every new thing is scary, but you've just got to trust that things will be fine. I hope you have a good 9 months.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
well i had 2 m/c and it was very hard. i had the 2nd one in jan and in march i got pregnant i'm almost 20 wks and i still freak out .i'm sooo  scared of still losing him . so ur not alone i'm probably gonna freak out until i get to hold him.
Helpful - 0
i havent had a miscarriage but i am pregnant and freaking out. i guess i did an u/s too early and my baby isnt found. i must be no more than 5 weeks. they saw fluid in one of my tubes and suggested ectopic pregnancy. i took 4 home tests and they came out positive. i took a urine test at a docs office and it came out neg. now im worried the hormone levels are dropping !!! everything i do scares me and i feel like if i strain myself just a bit ill lose my baby. dnt worry, thing will be fine, they have FOUND your baby and heard a heart beat! that is great news! your baby will be fine. get excited, buy the baby something, grasp the idea of motherhood and enjoy having him/her inside of you everyday. that is what im doing. i have hope and faith everything will be fine even if the u/s says otherwise and no matter what the urine test at the doc's says. im having this baby and so are you! Congrats on your preg!
Helpful - 0
you shud be calm and relax everything which you are having i had the some and now my daughter is 9months old . So dont worry it make thing worst not good . just enjoy these days these days are very precious . hope this help you .

best of luck with your pregnancy.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.