Really NEED advice ( prem labour...RH Factor and Sensitization)

Hey all.. i am currently 32 weeks 1 day pregnant..i went into preterm labour at 29 weeks and 31 weeks. They were both stopped with medication. I have had nothing but trouble throughout this pregnancy and im really starting to worry. I got a phone call yesterday saying i need to repeat all my blood work because my blood tests show antibodies ( i am o negative ) which means my blood has crossed with my baby's and it treats it like an intruder. Will this mean they will deliver.. i have an appointment next week..really confused and wondering.. thanks for any advice x
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I work in transfusion medicine, where your Rhogam comes from.  Rhogam is a passive form of anti-D.  Rh-negative people lack the D antigen, so to prevent hemolytic disease of the newborn rhogam is given to fake the body into thinking you have D antigens.

About the antibodies; it is not uncommon for women to have naturally occuring antibodies stimulated by pregnancy.  Which antibody(s) is it?  Some cross the placenta and some do not. IgG antibodies cross the placenta

Michelle
Helpful - 0
Girl I am O- too, and at 30wks with my son I had amnio, and my baby was sensitizing, because the doctor forgot to give me the rhogam shot at 28 weeks, so when I had to go in for my non-stress test, the baby was not moving at all, no matter what they did, then they sent me for an us, and the baby had intrauterine growth restriction because of the sensitizing, so they wanted to induce me, but told me the heart rate might drop, so seeing that I had 2 previous c-sections, I opted for c-sec, anyway I was 34weeks then, my baby had to get a blood transfussion when he was born because, my body had fought against him so much, but thank God he is now 5 years old a happy baby, my only boy, the joy of my life, thank God  that day I went in when he was not moving enough, he spent 1 week in the NICU otherwise it could of been a still birth, because that's what happen  sometimes to babies like that. So remember always check the kick counts of your baby everyday, and if decrease call your doctor. wishing you the best, LOL, that's what happen when our hubby is o positive.
Helpful - 0
the injection is to prevent the making of antibodies.. ive had the shots at 28 weeks and a few in between due to small bleeds. But what i was trying to say was that my body has already formed antibodies.. sorry if i confused you lol.
Helpful - 0
i am o negative and i have to get  a shot when im 28 weeks and another right after delivery, but im not sure what the shot is called , i also had it with my 2 sons , u should be fine ,,,
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.