Should I be concerned, low fetal heartbeat at 7 wks 5days

3-23-09:  I am 7 wks 5 days pregnant and my U/S today showed the baby at 11mm and with a hb of 88/89.  My doctor told me that this was low and that she was mildly concerned.  What are the odds that my babies hb will move into a normal range?  I am going in for another sono in a week; 3-30-09.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
At 6w 1d my baby's hb was 109 and the tech said that the dr would say that it was low, but she had seen them alot lower only to come back in a few weeks later with hb in the 170's, so best of luck to you and your baby,
Helpful - 0
At 6w 1d my ds's hr was 89. A week later it was 120. BUT, I would be concerned that the baby is 7wks 5days. Did your dr. say it was measuring on schedule? My dr. said at least mine was measuring right for the age and that was a plus. He is 10months now. Good luck to you.
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much for responding during my anxious waiting perior.  My doctor said that the size of the baby was right around 7 weeks.  We did do IVF, with a 5 day embryo transfer on 2-14-09.  We transfered 2 embryos and 1 took.  We go in for another U/S on March 30th.
Helpful - 0
Juliaschill, Thanks so much for your post.  This is our 3rd go around with IVF, the first time no pregnancy, 2nd time pregnant, but had a blighted ovum.  Now we have a fetus, heartbeat, fetal pole and are praying the hr will catch up to normal.  I have another U/S on 3-30-09.
Helpful - 0
I'll keep my fingers crossed. I remember that being a huge plus that at least the size was around the right size. I surely hope this works for you !
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.