Small baby

Hi, I am 8 weeks pregnant and started to have a slight discharge a few days ago, Doc sent me for an internal scan where they diagnosed a seperate uterus. My question is, the Doc asked if I had my dates correct as the baby is very small and too small to detect a heart beat, is there a possibility that this baby is just small as I have a healthy 5 year old who was born breech, but when we went for our 12 wk scan with her they said again that time that I had my dates wrong. So is it just small or is there another factor? I have had 3 m/c to date. My seperate uterus has never been picked up before.

Help!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Many Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately We are pretty sure that the baby came away before our scan tomorrow. I will ask if there is any reason other than Septum that may have contributed to yet another Miscarriage. You never know, a miracle may happen again one day, Unfortunately I turn 40 this year so time is against us also.

Will keep you posted!
Helpful - 0
Hi!
Well, yes, septate uterus can cause miscarriage, but since you carried a baby to term, this must not be a complete septate uterus. There is a possibility that these are adhesions due to infection and the infection is responsible for recurrent miscarriage. If a 12 week scan is showing a small for age baby, then either the dates are wrong or the baby is not growing properly. You may need further scans and tests to look for the cause. There are various reasons behind intrauterine growth retardation of the fetus, generally called as ‘baby not growing’. These causes include high BP of mother, alcohol abuse or smoking, preeclampsia or eclampsia of pregnancy, heart disease in the mother, high altitudes, twinning or multiple pregnancies, placenta problems ( low blood supply, calcification etc), and poor nutrition of the mother due to any cause. Your gynecologist will have to run some tests to rule these out. Take care!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.