What are the chances of conceiving after a tubal ligation?

Hello... I am Dwanna and I just joined this website today. I have recently married a wonderful man who wants to have a child with me and I would love to give him one. Yes, I have four children but I would really love to have a baby with David. The thing is, after my twin daughters who are almost five, were born via C-Section I had my tubes tied... a tubal ligation using clips. Do you know of anyone who has gotten pregnant or expererienced getting pregnant after having this procedure done without having to go thru the expense or surgery of a tubal ligation reversal? Any advice will be greatly appreciated... :) !!!  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It can happen, but it's very rare. A couple that I know conceived 9 years after the wife had TL done. Her tubes were cut, sectioned, and cauterized, so it wasn't exactly the same procedure you had.

Your best bet is to have a reversal or look into IVF. My understanding is when someone gets pg after tubes have been clamped, there is a good chance of it being an ectopic pregnancy.
Helpful - 0
Thank you!! I found a website for a doctor that does reversals in Chapel Hill, NC and it is $5900.00. This doctor does not do anything but reversals and he has a 98% success rate. I live in Florida so it would require not only the expense of the surgery but the expense of the drive there and two overnights... I just dont know what to do... Maybe I should just leave in Gods hands and if it is meant to be, it will happen...
Helpful - 0
I understand. If you can afford it, I would seriously consider it because sometimes God needs a little help. I had to go to a specialist in another state (but within driving distance) before I finally got pg with my son, and it was worth it!
Helpful - 0
thank you again for you help!!! And thanks for accepting my friend request. I am new to this whole thing so I am unsure about a lot of it.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.