When can I go back to my normal wife duties?

I had my baby exactly 2 weeks ago, a c-section. When can I go back to my normal house work? I've been doing light cleaning but I haven't done laundry or taken the trash out because they told me to "take it easy". From experiences.. If I'm feeling okay do you think it's alright to get back in my normal routine? I hate seeing my house such a mess :/
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was given a weight limit with a natural delivery, so I'm sure you were given one with a c-section. I would wait on the trash. You can probably do laundry, but maybe have someone else carry it for you. Just don't overdo it, you had a major surgery!
Helpful - 0
I don't have anyone to help like that, my husband works 24/7. I wasn't given a specific weight limit
Helpful - 0
I had a c-section and wasn't told anything I felt fine so I started doing more and I regretted it. I way over did it by even doing laundry I wasn't able to back To normal till a out 3-4 month after
Helpful - 0
That ***** :/ I hate feeling like I can't be the mother I wanna be
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.