When do Braxton Hicks start

I don't post here very much, but read regularly.  I am 15 weeks pregnant, and so far everything is normal. The last 2 or 3 days I have been having what feels like mild labor pains. Not cramping more like a spasm.  They last 10 seconds or so and come 4 or 5 times a day. My friend thinks it may be bh, but I think it is too early.  I don't have a belly pooch yet, and I am wondering if it is just my uterus growing.  It has been almost 18 years since my last pregnancy and I can't remember if I had these this early. I have a dr's appointment on Thursday and will ask about them then, but wanted your ideas, expertise (Peek) and experiences.....maybe to ease my mind.  I am 99 percent sure I felt the baby move on Friday, which made me feel a bit better.  Thanks for any help you can give.
Typically, a woman will be able to recognize BH somewhere in the middle of the second trimester. They can start earlier than that, but they are usually so mild that you can't even tell. What you may be feeling is round ligament pain, which typically starts in the second trimester, which you are at the beginning of. But I would ask your doctor what he or she thinks based on what it feels like.
Expecting is 100% correct.  If it is concerning you, absolutely run it by your doctor, though.  
im somewhere in the middle of my second trimester and i have NO CLUE what BH'S feel like. its it like strong cramps? I take it i would know if ive had them?
Your belly will tighten for a few seconds and may feel a little crampy, mine felt kinda funny that early, but did kinda get uncomfortable at the end when I was big.  I felt mine early on, my first one I felt by 16 weeks, just before I felt baby, second baby I felt bh by 10 weeks.  Kinda weird, but not uncommon.  I was a bh machine and felt them so much the entire time.  I would trust your instincts, not too soon to feel them!  
Hello!! I am also 15 weeks pg., and I feel the same thing you are describing....but I thought that was just the stretching and pulling of the uterus growing...maybe it is BH???  Never even thought that it would be BH...... call Dr. if you are really concerned...I always call the nurses line and ask all kinds of questions...good luck...when are you due??? I am From 4/12-4/19ish
Jacquie
My BH started at 14 weeks, this is baby #1. The doctors are concerned about this though, as these contractions can eventually lead to cervical changes. So you should definitely speak with your doctor about them. I have been on bedrest since week 14 with them. I get them 1-4x/hour and nothing including the bedrest helps. THe only point of bedrest is to protect my cervix.

The way I differentiate growing pains from BH is that with the BH you will feel a definite rise and fall of the contraction. You uterus will slowly tighten, stay there for a moment, and then release. Growing pains for me are usually in a smaller location with no definite start and stop.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.