Which boy's name do you like best?

What are your favorite boy's names? We like names like Aiden and Landon but neither would work because they match the names of our other children. I will post some of our favs, but feel free to suggest other names (we want something somewhat unusual but not totally unusual).
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Landon and Corbin are two that we have considered if we have a boy but neither of them we really love. So, we are in the name game as well. Aiden is way too popular. I think we are going to actually go back to old fashioned names. They are so strong and masculine. Charles, Johnathon, Matthew, James, etc, etc...
Helpful - 0
Charles would be the boy's middle name for sure if we were to have a baby boy...I guess I should have added that part :)
Helpful - 0
Oh, it was hard to vote, I love them all!  

Are you stuck on the -on (or -en) ending??  I only ask because I noticed that my top five names thsi pregnancy end with -er: Sawyer, Walker, Cooper, Xander, Gunnar, and I hadn't realized it til I wrote them down!

Just wondering.  =)
Helpful - 0
I love Sawyer, but I was afraid it is now more of a girl's name? What do you think?
Helpful - 0
oh!  I'm not sure.  I actually don't know of any children named Sawyer, male or female.  That's one of the reasons I like it. =)

I will have to check the Top 100 Baby Names from 2008....
Helpful - 0
I voted for Camden, but it was hard, because I got stuck on Landon and wanted to vote for that one-  it is just TOOOOO cute!

Brady, Brenton, Tyler were all names we considered for a boy----  went with Colten
Helpful - 0
Also, does anyone know of any Camden's that are female? I would want a name that is totally male. My friend's named their son Taylor, I love it, but the boy is often assumed to be female every time he signs his name.
Helpful - 0
I think Camden could probably be used as a girl, but I have never met one...  our DD's name is Taylor-  Avery was my other girls choice-  everyone told me to keep Avery when we found out we were having a boy,  but I wanted a name that was totally boy too...  I like the unisex names for girls for some reason, but not for boys...  although I know a boy Avery from HS who was very hot!  :)
Helpful - 0
So, I did a google search and yes, Camden is a girl's name just as much as a boy's name!! AHHH! I am the same as you-- I like unisex girl's names but not for boys. We have already settled on a girl's name, that was easy. Boy's names, so much harder.
Helpful - 0
I felt them same exact way!  
Helpful - 0
Yep, we already have a girl name picked as well, but no boy name. We don't agree on anything. My husband wanted Jamin (as in BenJAMIN) but I don't like it. I really like Sawyer though! I don't think it's a girl name at all!
Helpful - 0
Okay, if you can follow this: my aunt's husband's (my step-uncle) daughter has a son and his name is Camden. So I can say I personally know a boy named Camden.

Also, a few years back when I worked as a dog groomer, I had a co-worker who had a daughter whose name was Sawyer. I always thought it sounded like a boy's name, so it was unusual for me to associate the name to a girl.
Helpful - 0
Also, forgot to mention that I voted for the name Camden. :-)

I like unusual and not-so-popular names, too. But names that are still names rather than something made up. My son's name is Trevor, which is definitely a name you hear occasionally for boys, but it's not overwhelmingly common, either. I really like the sound of Celtic origin names.
Other boy's names I like are Rhys (pronounced Reece), Kieran, Caelan, Brennan, Graydon, and Wesley...just to name a few of my favs. None are too "out there" and unusual, but they're also not names you'll have to worry about half the grade school class having, either.
Helpful - 0
I  named my ds Blake which goes either way. I really like Cole maybe for the next.  I would pick Camden over the others because they sound like last names. Ah, I also like Pierce ;)
Helpful - 0
I like Camden but I think that sounds like a girl's name. I voted for Anderson. I have a daughter named Avery and when I told everyone that her name was Avery everyone said isn't that a boy's name. It used to be mainly a boy's name but now it is very popular for girls! I was hoping to pick a unique name but now it is very common. :(
Helpful - 0
I like Camden!  Other names we had picked out for boys were Logan, Cannon, and Tristan :) Good luck with the names, they are so hard to pick out!
Helpful - 0
Actually, you don't know you are having a boy yet right? Didn't you just get your BFP?
Helpful - 0
Correct, we don`t know what we are having. We will find out, but that`ll be months from now. I am hoping for a girl but we are just as thrilled to have a boy too. We have had a girl`s name for forever, but a boy`s name..so much harder!
Helpful - 0
What is your girls name? (if it's ok to share ;)
Helpful - 0
Our girl`s name is Elizabeth (and probably Paige for the middle name). The boy`s name thing is going to be so much tougher!
Helpful - 0
I like the name Sawyer, and I don't think it sounds like a girly name at all.  Does anybody watch the tv show "Lost"?  THAT Sawyer is not a girly-man.  =)

Brennan is a nice one (suggested above).  I won't be the best contributor b/c I like more of the traditional names (Michael, Benjamin, etc).  I really like Jadis... I'm not sure if it's a boy's or a girl's name though (our friend's have a dog named Jadis).  Sorry.. not much help.  
Helpful - 0

I like Elizabeth Paige, that's adorable.  It's funny, I was in the hospital for 2 full days before I decided on my sons name. BAM it came out of no-where!  I liked Calvin too!
Helpful - 0
I like Calvin too..was worried about the whole cartoon reference, but I do like the name :)
Helpful - 0
Calvin is a good one. Cal for short. Or Callum. I love Benjamin, but that is my DH's name (:
Helpful - 0
2

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.