Will my biracial babies eyes stay bluish?

I am white and my 5 week old daughter's father is form puerto rico. Currently her eyes are blue with a tad bit of grey. My son is also half hispanic but he was born with dark eyes and are brown. I'm just curious... what are the chances of my daughter's eyes staying blue? I have dark brown hair and brown eyes as well.

Thanks! :)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
No guarantees.  If you have a recessive gene for blue eyes (despite your brown eyes, if you inherited the gene from a relative further up the line), there is a possibility that your daughter's blue eyes will stay blue.  But lots of babies are born with blue eyes and then they turn brown.  I've got a blue-eyed dad and a brown-eyed mom who had a blue-eyed mom.  They had 5 kids, whose eyes go:  brown, blue, brown, blue, brown.  No hazel or green or bluish grey in the bunch.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for responding! :)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.